Fans Boo Luck as he walks off field

Thug_Life

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not sure how much more clear I can be on this regard: Andrew Luck's decision to retire does not impact your life ONE BIT. Pretending it does is delusional, and the fans who are booing him because of whatever entitlement they feel they've earned from Luck are a disgrace.

Eh although I would never boo (even when I think players deserve it) your being way too easy on professional athletes. They are paid handsomely to entertain. Butts need to be in seats and watching on TV. If fans don't watch or come to games Andrew Luck doesn't make $97,000,000.00 in 7 years. So yes although I don't like the booing calling a whole bunch of people a "Disgrace" is just as over reactionary as a few fans booing. 

On 8/25/2019 at 12:08 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Any fan who booed Luck for this decision should seriously re-evaluate their life. Pathetic.

While I agree with the sentiment, let's add context here.  The fans were literally finding out at the game on their phones, thanks to the tweet by Shefter.  Many of the fans go to these PS games are season ticket holders, who ostensibly have just spent thousands of dollars on tickets for what looked like a "promising deep run into the play-offs" kind of season.  All that incinerated in a moment that none of them saw coming.  They definitely overreacted in a bad way, but calling them lowlifes is an equal overreaction.  It's not like they had time to really process it.  All they heard was he quit.  After a bit of time to reflect on the fact that he gave everything he had to the organization and fans for 7 years, coupled with the repeated injuries and subsequent rehab (how about the constant need for painkillers to get through it....I mean, he's a Stanford grad and if it was starting to affect his style of life, I don't blame him one bit for walking).  He has a future in another professional field he absolutely loves.  Once people settled down, I'm sure they wish they could take it back.  many people make bad choices in the heat of the moment.  Many domestic violence cases fall in this area. It's not like the fans had a week or two to chew on it, then he walked out for a retirement ceremony, and they let loose with the boos.  If the Shefter tweet had waited until after the game, calmer heads would have definitely prevailed.

Fans have no shame and don’t fear embarrassment from their actions.  I can’t imagine getting caught on camera at a game in this social media climate acting like a degenerate.  This is more NFL fans in general and not necessarily the Luck thing.

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Fans have no shame and don’t fear embarrassment from their actions.  I can’t imagine getting caught on camera at a game in this social media climate acting like a degenerate.  This is more NFL fans in general and not necessarily the Luck thing.

When you’re drunk you don’t care.

It's definitely not good how the Colts fan base responded, but in a way I don't blame them for what they did. I think a majority of them were victims of the moment. 

As a Raptors fan watching the Warriors finals I cheered the second Durant went down with an achilles injury. Not because I liked seeing him injured as a person but because it symbolized the much greater chances of us winning a championship. But after 10 seconds you're humanity comes back and you feel guilty for what you did.

Now that's a bit different response because the reaction to the news wasn't as quick but I can understand where they're fans are coming from. They had title aspirations that were swiftly pulled out from beneath their feet. It's not a good feeling and they took out their frustration in the wrong way. I'd like to think those fans felt bad afterwards once they could step back and analyze the situation for what it is.

• Like 1