Fans Boo Luck as he walks off field

Thug_Life

This news really took me totally by surprise.  I mean, Luck hasn't exactly lived up to the crazy hype the media generated about him ever since he got drafted, but the guy is absolutely one of the top-10 QBs in this league and it seems like such a waste that he would walk away now.  The Colts were really primed for a championship run this year with all the rebuilding Ballard has managed to do and I can definitely empathize with Colts fans who have every right to feel jilted by this.  They just had a legitimate SB shot ripped away from them...

Yeah I think some people are overreacting over the boos the stadium wasn't even 1/5 full. Also like people already said it was a heat of the moment reaction. From being hopeful about the new season to having it crushed immediately can mess with some people. It's not a colts thing, If Baker, Wentz, Goff, Brees etc announced retirement less than two weeks before the season they'll  be a lot of boos from angry fans it happens.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Is this what it was like when Barry retired?

No social media back then. You just found out on TV or in the newspaper. Or very early internet sites. And he did it after the 1998 season concluded. Wasn't leaked during a preseason game. Also, that thing dragged out for a couple of years in terms of whether he would come back. Barry had mixed feelings for a while, to the point that Matt Millen had to make a house call to see if he would come back because of the salary cap.

Edited by PapaShogun

32 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Yeah I think some people are overreacting over the boos the stadium wasn't even 1/5 full. Also like people already said it was a heat of the moment reaction. From being hopeful about the new season to having it crushed immediately can mess with some people. It's not a colts thing, If Baker, Wentz, Goff, Brees etc announced retirement less than two weeks before the season they'll  be a lot of boos from angry fans it happens.

Only Wentz has been through grilling injuries. 

If Baker did it now just cos then yes, luck gave his body up for the team in a way the other guys havent.