Fans Boo Luck as he walks off field

Thug_Life

Eh fans will be fans will be fans... Every fan base in the NFL would have the same issue if the same scenario occurred. You live by the fan and you die by the fan. These guys wouldn't be making millions upon millions if no one watched them play. Another point I heard that could be a reason people are upset is you have a whole bunch of fans that may have bought season tickets thinking that they have a chance at a SB that are now out that money and have to watch a back up QB play all year. I would be pretty pissed too if that happened to me. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Eh fans will be fans will be fans... Every fan base in the NFL would have the same issue if the same scenario occurred. You live by the fan and you die by the fan. These guys wouldn't be making millions upon millions if no one watched them play. Another point I heard that could be a reason people are upset is you have a whole bunch of fans that may have bought season tickets thinking that they have a chance at a SB that are now out that money and have to watch a back up QB play all year. I would be pretty pissed too if that happened to me. 

Why do people keep saying this as if it's a fact?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because in that same exact scenario i'm pretty sure you would have a contingent in most fan bases that would pull that. You can't talk me into thinking a difference in city would make that much of a difference where there wouldn't be at least some fans after that preseason game that wouldn't boo. In fact in a number of places I could see it being much much worse. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because it is true. The circumstances were absolutely perfect for the fans to boo.

1. Indy fans have been through this process before of being misled about the severity of the injury to their star QB.

2. They found out at a pre-season game, 2 weeks before the season started, with Luck on the sidelines acting normal. We had no statement from Luck beforehand or literally any indication that this was in play.

3. The team had realistic Superbowl aspirations that wouldn't exist without Luck.

4. Fans have probably consumed between 3-6 alcoholic beverages at this point before the news broke.

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Because it is true. The circumstances were absolutely perfect for the fans to boo.

1. Indy fans have been through this process before of being misled about the severity of the injury to their star QB.

2. They found out at a pre-season game, 2 weeks before the season started, with Luck on the sidelines acting normal. We had no statement from Luck beforehand or literally any indication that this was in play.

3. The team had realistic Superbowl aspirations that wouldn't exist without Luck.

4. Fans have probably consumed between 3-6 alcoholic beverages at this point before the news broke.

Wow those poor fans. They're the true victims here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wow those poor fans. They're the true victims here.

Never said that. Not sure what your point is. My point is the timing of everything led to the fans booing.

Had Luck given his press conference Sunday like he intended then I'm sure that he would not have been booed at his next public event in Indy.

48 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Because in that same exact scenario i'm pretty sure you would have a contingent in most fan bases that would pull that. You can't talk me into thinking a difference in city would make that much of a difference where there wouldn't be at least some fans after that preseason game that wouldn't boo. In fact in a number of places I could see it being much much worse. 

I agree with this. There is no fanbase where at least, let's say, 15% of the fanbase wouldn't be that way and that's enough people to be heard booing.

Edited by wackywabbit

22 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Never said that. Not sure what your point is. My point is the timing of everything led to the fans booing.

Had Luck given his press conference Sunday like he intended then I'm sure that he would not have been booed at his next public event in Indy.

Half of your reasons were how Luck's decision impacted the fans and made their lives worse. It's a completely selfish way of looking at it.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Half of your reasons were how Luck's decision impacted the fans and made their lives worse. It's a completely selfish way of looking at it.

LOL! That is my point. In the moment before there was any context or a statement from Luck surrounding the retirement the fans will be selfish. Every fanbase would be. Andrew Luck said 3 weeks ago he expects to play week 1. This announcement wasn't on anyone's radar and was reported by a third party. It would be like if I saw a tweet from Adam Schefter that said my parents were getting divorced. 

58 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

LOL! That is my point. In the moment before there was any context or a statement from Luck surrounding the retirement the fans will be selfish. Every fanbase would be. Andrew Luck said 3 weeks ago he expects to play week 1. This announcement wasn't on anyone's radar and was reported by a third party. It would be like if I saw a tweet from Adam Schefter that said my parents were getting divorced. 

Not sure how much more clear I can be on this regard: Andrew Luck's decision to retire does not impact your life ONE BIT. Pretending it does is delusional, and the fans who are booing him because of whatever entitlement they feel they've earned from Luck are a disgrace.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not sure how much more clear I can be on this regard: Andrew Luck's decision to retire does not impact your life ONE BIT. Pretending it does is delusional, and the fans who are booing him because of whatever entitlement they feel they've earned from Luck are a disgrace.

Not true. I made a futures bet before the news that the Jags win the South at +550. The line for that is now around +250.