Fans Boo Luck as he walks off field

Thug_Life

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Lets be real. It's Philly. I think there would still be a decent amount of people booing. (I wouldn't be one of them)

Did these people booing know he was going to retire at the time?

In Philly?  Are you kidding?  They would have been tearing the chairs out of the floor of the stadium and throwing them at the guy.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They should thank their lucky stars that they were able to replace Peyton with Luck even if it was short lived. Most teams never get a chance to replace their best QB with another elite level QB when on the field 

To be fair, after Manning retires they had Luck injured for two years and then he played decently well after a slow start last year. They effectively got rid of Manning for one extra year of Luck. They thought they were trading 3-4 years for 15-18

21 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The organization of the Colts seem to respect and understand the Andrew Luck's decision.

That was a classy move by the Colts organization.  Those taking shots at Irsay and company at least have to give them credit for this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

$24M is a lot of money though.  I bet there are owners out there who would try to keep a bunch of it.  

Sure, if you want to anger your fans even more than they already are. Everyone knows the Colts ruined Luck's career. The Colts know it, Luck knows it, the fans know it. Asking him to give most/all of that money back would only drive fans to be more angry with the organization IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sure, if you want to anger your fans even more than they already are. Everyone knows the Colts ruined Luck's career. The Colts know it, Luck knows it, the fans know it. Asking him to give most/all of that money back would only drive fans to be more angry with the organization IMO.

I haven't followed the story at all so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that.  That's very possible then.

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yep. the colts took a HOF-level talent and let him get beat up so bad playing behind scrub OLs that he retired before hitting 30. and that's not even getting into the woeful mismanagement of his injuries. like, i get mad at times about the way the titans have managed mariota's career and can't help but feel like they kind of blew it with him, but what the colts did with luck is next-level.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:
12 hours ago, Danger said:

Lets be real. It's Philly. I think there would still be a decent amount of people booing. (I wouldn't be one of them)

Did these people booing know he was going to retire at the time?

In Philly?  Are you kidding?  They would have been tearing the chairs out of the floor of the stadium and throwing them at the guy.

There would be riots in Philly. Actual riots. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, you didn't rant (on social media or in person) when Calvin Johnson inexplicably retired? How about Barry Sanders?

People are jerks, by and large. Expecting non-jerkish behavior is unreasonable.

No, not at all.

Yes, they are. Unreasonable I am, then.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

24 million is a LOT of cheddar. Enough to endure furious fans. I don't like Irsay but this is a class act move.