Fans Boo Luck as he walks off field

Thug_Life

These fans are lame. I really enjoy Andrew Luck. I think he battled his hardest. On an irrelevant scale, I’ve had the joy of a career sucked out me. It’s not a fun process. It’s soul crushing when it was your passion. Ultimately life is about you and the ones you love. It’s not about a game or a career. Existing as a human and finding peace is far more important. Life is too short to do something for other people. Good on you, Andrew Luck. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why most fans are fine with booing for players trying their hardest and fail (drops, fumbles, etc) but not fine with booing on a QB quitting 2 weeks before the season in a team with Superbowl aspirations. I don't think either should be booed but the latter seems more deserving to me. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dtait93 said:

So with hindsight, did Indy make the right decision to go with Luck over the final years of Manning?

I think so, but who could have predicted Luck would get sick of playing this early in his career?  He did leave Indy in a jam right before the regular season starts so I can understand the fans' displeasure but to boo him off the field?  

Edited by Pugger

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

God forbid fans show some actual class

So, you didn't rant (on social media or in person) when Calvin Johnson inexplicably retired? How about Barry Sanders?

People are jerks, by and large. Expecting non-jerkish behavior is unreasonable.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Brissett isn't exactly chopped liver. He's no Andrew Luck but maybe Reich can mold him into something. The talent is there.

The Colts run game is actually pretty impressive with Mack/Hines as the 1/2 and a great OL, and the defense has some good pieces with Leonard, Hooker, Justin Houston, etc.

The Colts are more than a collection of players held together by Luck, Chris Ballard has developed a unit that can compete on its own.  

25 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't understand why most fans are fine with booing for players trying their hardest and fail (drops, fumbles, etc) but not fine with booing on a QB quitting 2 weeks before the season in a team with Superbowl aspirations. I don't think either should be booed but the latter seems more deserving to me. 

On that same token, why is it okay to root for players and coaches to lose their jobs?  I think it's the same thing here.

That (super tiny small fraction) of fans that booed Luck were booing the fact their season got derailed.  Selfish, yes, but again it's no different than hoping the head coach of your favorite team loses his job.  You want him to lose his job to better your team.  Just like those fans were booing Luck because it worsened their team.

I get the fans did a douchey thing.  But I don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of it.  It's not that serious.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The Colts run game is actually pretty impressive with Mack/Hines as the 1/2 and a great OL, and the defense has some good pieces with Leonard, Hooker, Justin Houston, etc.

The Colts are more than a collection of players held together by Luck, Chris Ballard has developed a unit that can compete on its own.  

Leonard is going to be a star.

He absolutely deserved to be booed. The team went from possible Super Bowl contenders to likely top 5 draft pick. It would be one thing if this was done earlier in the offseason, but doing this a week before the opener is like not giving a two weeks notice. His reasoning shows he was mentally weak.

Edited by Elky

44 minutes ago, Elky said:

He absolutely deserved to be booed. The team went from possible Super Bowl contenders to likely top 5 draft pick. It would be one thing if this was done earlier in the offseason, but doing this a week before the opener is like not giving a two weeks notice. His reasoning shows he was mentally weak.

Luck is a pretty smart guy. I think that he was aware of the problem it would cause for his team. I think that is why it took him so long to make this decision and the fact that he did speaks to how hard it must have been. Of course, this is just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Bring back pros vs joes.

Over reaction obviously in the heat of the moment.  Calmer heads will prevail.  Andy Dalton was once booed at a charity softball game.  

Once the dust settles, the great times will be remembered.  The timing of his announcement will be forgotten, except by jilted fans who believe he did it just to pi$$ them off personally.