Fans Boo Luck as he walks off field

Thug_Life

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So with hindsight, did Indy make the right decision to go with Luck over the final years of Manning?

That was a bad statistical team in 2012 (but they won a ton of one score games)

No way a guy who has 9 one-and-dones gets to a Super Bowl with Indy 2012-2015.

• They gave up 88 points to New England in 2 of those playoff losses (because New England did not need to score 100)
  • Getting to the AFCCG in 2014 was done by beating Manning on the road while he had the better team with the best home field advantage in all of sports (breathing better)

Denver was absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball when they added Manning.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Only Wentz has been through grilling injuries. 

If Baker did it now just cos then yes, luck gave his body up for the team in a way the other guys havent.

Lets be real. It's Philly. I think there would still be a decent amount of people booing. (I wouldn't be one of them)

Did these people booing know he was going to retire at the time?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Lets be real. It's Philly. I think there would still be a decent amount of people booing. (I wouldn't be one of them)

Did these people booing know he was going to retire at the time?

i think they found out from their phones 30 seconds before they started booing

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Only Wentz has been through grilling injuries. 

If Baker did it now just cos then yes, luck gave his body up for the team in a way the other guys havent.

Just pointing out some people are overreacting over a few boos from a tiny fraction of the Colts fan base. Seen some really crazy posts here and online about Colts fans that  are just laughable.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Just pointing out some people are overreacting over a few boos from a tiny fraction of the Colts fan base. Seen some really crazy posts here and online about Colts fans that  are just laughable.

Man. it's like Philly fans haven't lived through this same BS 1000 times yet everyone still talks **** at us every time. :)

• Like 2

It’s still a small amount of boos but it was certainly a vocal amount of boos. People act very aggressive and hastily to this type of news but it’s not without merit. As a fan, I’m completely let down. As a human, play on playa. 

58 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So with hindsight, did Indy make the right decision to go with Luck over the final years of Manning?

I think at this point it doesn't make a difference. Manning wasn't going to lead those Colts teams anywhere. If anything they would have gotten their top franchise player an extra 4 years and had him retire with the team. It is kinda sad that once Manning retired, Luck was plagued by injuries for two years and then had one final decent season before calling it quits. He effectively had one real season post Manning

Bad look, but all teams have enough fans who would do this.

they just got caught up doing it thanks to Irsay or someone leaking it.

The Colts fan base doesn’t deserve to be trashed as a whole. It’s a crazy thing, people react with their gut sometimes.

but it did hurt him, you could see that

• Like 2

The fans will sleep on it and be fine. I can't fault them too much for booing. It's not a good look but think of the circumstances. They were notified two weeks before the season by a tweet with no context. The Colts had Super Bowl aspirations and to hardcore fans, that can feel like a punch in the gut. The strong majority of fans will eventually appreciate what Luck did for the city. But in the moment, getting that news can be brutal.

• Like 3