Fans Boo Luck as he walks off field

Thug_Life

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

In Philly?  Are you kidding?  They would have been tearing the chairs out of the floor of the stadium and throwing them at the guy.

Contrary to popular belief, the majority of Philly fans are relatively tame.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Contrary to popular belief, the majority of Philly fans are relatively tame.

There is video/audio evidence of the contrary following the SB win. People were literally eating fecal matter, a man was riding an ostrich he stole from the zoo, authorities had to put Crisco on light poles to keep them safe (the light poles - keeping the light poles safe).

Nothing about that says tame

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sure, if you want to anger your fans even more than they already are. Everyone knows the Colts ruined Luck's career. The Colts know it, Luck knows it, the fans know it. Asking him to give most/all of that money back would only drive fans to be more angry with the organization IMO.

I would collect the money back, TBH. While it's technically taking money back, signing bonuses that depend on fulfilling X number of years aren't earned until you actually complete those years. No one who understands the finances would think it wrong to take back the money. Luck didn't earn the full signing bonus from his last contract. I had a similar thing (on a much much smaller scale, haha) in my last job offer and I definitely have to give back a proportional amount of it, if I leave before it vests.

I also think Irsay is a jerk and that the organization mishandled his early career (thought the latter wasn't exactly malicious). These are separate things to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I know there are a lot of good ones out there too - particularly on this site.  You guys here on FF are a good bunch.

This is a parallel shared with Raider fans.  Then again, I'm on record on here with my assertion that Bay Area Raider fans are actually very tolerable (if not a number of them downright likable).  LA area Raider fans on the other hand...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

There is video/audio evidence of the contrary following the SB win. People were literally eating fecal matter, a man was riding an ostrich he stole from the zoo, authorities had to put Crisco on light poles to keep them safe (the light poles - keeping the light poles safe).

Nothing about that says tame

Yes, there's the whole "stole it from the zoo" bit and the likelihood of cruelty to animals, but I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

19 hours ago, Elky said:

Throwing away 20m is stupid.

$12mm. And it's about 0.44% of Jim Irsay's net worth. It's literally the equivalent of you finding a few quarters in your cupholder, it's easier to let than money go out the door than to fight for it in the courts.