Chiefs @ Packers "The Camp Body Bowl"

Leader

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Took Boyle a series to warm up last week, so maybe give them 2 series per rotation.
Or to make it more competitive, try the pickup basketball game  of "make-it,  take- it"
When a QB leads a scoring drive, he gets the next one too.

Make it take it. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Let's hope we don't get the brunt of Dorian this time around.  Stay safe all of you guys on the east coast of FL!

Selfishly, it wont affect me. I'm still snorkeling tomorrow morning and leaving Saturday. But yeah, it got serious real quick. The thinking is it will be north of here, but people are busy preparing.

It's a way of life here, they're going to be good. It's like a January Wisconsin frontal blizzard to them. They deal with it and move on.

25 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Selfishly, it wont affect me. I'm still snorkeling tomorrow morning and leaving Saturday. But yeah, it got serious real quick. The thinking is it will be north of here, but people are busy preparing. It's a way of life here, they're going to be good. It's like a January Wisconsin frontal blizzard to them. They deal with it and move on.

Yeah kinda.....but generally speaking a Wisconsin blizzard cant blow your house apart or flood you out.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Go north. Go north. Go north. Go north..........

Sorry folks to the north, but current tracking has this thing hitting somewhere along the east coast - then chugging across over to my neck of the woods. Either a little bit north of me....or a litte bit south.....but as of right now, kinda like "right there" - dependent on where it makes landfall. 

I really, really, really dont need a high wind event right about now. I've a tall *dead* tree in the front yard that rain backups has kept from being cut down. If it fell over at the base......its a judgement call if it would hit the house....but the "projected fall" puts it way too close for comfort. Plus I've a number of tall trees rooted in already rain saturated ground. More rain and high winds isnt what the doctor would order at this stage. 

So....do me a favor....and go north.

No way to trim some of the branches before this weekend? It wouldn't solve the problem completely, but it can't hurt.

My parents' house had a seemingly healthy oak get uprooted once during a storm.  Luckily it was far away from the house.  It took a long time to get that fully cleaned up.  

24 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

No way to trim some of the branches before this weekend? It wouldn't solve the problem completely, but it can't hurt. My parents' house had a seemingly healthy oak get uprooted once during a storm.  Luckily it was far away from the house.  It took a long time to get that fully cleaned up.  

I presume you're referring to the dead tree. No - its fairly tall (with a trunk diameter of 32") and I'd need some commercial equipment to get up high enough to work segments with a chainsaw. The lowest branches are too high to reach.

Its nothing but bad timing. I'd contracted with a company to take it down some two weeks ago - but its summer season, they're already scheduled with other jobs - which are backed up / delayed because of rains.

I'd think it more likely branches snap and fall than it come down at the base - but if it did - it has three directions it can fall and not hit the house. Standing on the front stoop, I've tried to visualize if it would hit the house with its top branches if it came straight down at the base......and the best I can guesstimate is it would be close. Maybe. Maybe not.

So - best way to remove all uncertainties is this storm not come around me. Time will tell.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Fox has been carrying the Packers for preseason.  There has been good following for the Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Steelers, and Chiefs.  There was a bit of a migration after Hurricane Katrina from New Orleans to the I-70 corridor, so there is a healthy following for the Saints too.  I honestly think that St. Louis can become a Packers town with not too much more effort, maybe toss a preseason game here?  St Louis doesn't want to cheer for Chicago teams.  Kansas City is seen as a little brother to a lot of people in St. Louis.  Probably the way that Chicago sees St. Louis or Milwaukee.  The closest team is the Colts, nobody likes the Colts.  Still some people stuck with the Rams.  When the Rams moved, my suggestion was for the burned Rams fans was the Titans.  Nashville has a lot of similarities to St. Louis, and is close enough to drive to a game or two during the season.  

That makes sense. The Titans were one of the first teams I thought of but without some recent success, the Titans kind of seem like a stale team to root for. I could see it just being a mix of all the popular good teams. I could see the Chiefs gaining some steam if they can win a couple superbowls or more with a likable superstar in Mahomes. 

Edited by Victor1124

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Go north. Go north. Go north. Go north..........

Sorry folks to the north, but current tracking has this thing hitting somewhere along the east coast - then chugging across over to my neck of the woods. Either a little bit north of me....or a litte bit south.....but as of right now, kinda like "right there" - dependent on where it makes landfall. 

I really, really, really dont need a high wind event right about now. I've a tall *dead* tree in the front yard that rain backups has kept from being cut down. If it fell over at the base......its a judgement call if it would hit the house....but the "projected fall" puts it way too close for comfort. Plus I've a number of tall trees rooted in already rain saturated ground. More rain and high winds isnt what the doctor would order at this stage. 

So....do me a favor....and go north.

Fortunately I am on the southwest coast so we shouldn't be getting the brunt of this beast so we should be okay.  But you can be sure we are watching the weather reports closely...