Roster cut downs

RaidersAreOne

Even though our front seven is trash, I think our secondary has All Pro potential for Vegas. 

I’m still a firm believer in Conley and he has shown elite level flashes. This is a make or break year for him. I was on record last year saying he’s the only guy on the 53 I wouldn’t trade. 

Mullen is gonna be a stud IMO. His man coverage is so dang fluid and sticks like glue, great press, and great speed. I don’t expect Mullen will start this year but definitely next year. 

Abram and Joyner is a potential deadly duo at safety with plenty of depth behind them. 

I’ve always liked Worley but unless he balls out this year he’ll be gone. He’s an underrated corner when healthy though imo. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Even though our front seven is trash, I think our secondary has All Pro potential for Vegas. 

I’m still a firm believer in Conley and he has shown elite level flashes. This is a make or break year for him. I was on record last year saying he’s the only guy on the 53 I wouldn’t trade. 

Mullen is gonna be a stud IMO. His man coverage is so dang fluid and sticks like glue, great press, and great speed. I don’t expect Mullen will start this year but definitely next year. 

Abram and Joyner is a potential deadly duo at safety with plenty of depth behind them. 

I’ve always liked Worley but unless he balls out this year he’ll be gone. He’s an underrated corner when healthy though imo. 

Conley has shown nothing to inspire all-pro confidence and has never had "elite" flashes. The jury is still out on Mullen but again, wouldn't confidently say that he has All-Pro potential. Joyner is our slot corner and should be very good there. We need another safety and I'm not sold on Abram yet, he has to be much better in coverage this year than he was last year. 

Regardless it doesn't matter if we can't generate pressure on the QB and none of our LB's can run. QB's are still going to have all day to throw against us and we're going to get abused by good TEs. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Our secondary is going to be pretty damn shaky too. Conley/Worley are both average at best, Joseph is below average, Abram is so-so in coverage (and is a rookie), and our backups are all pretty damn weak as well. We'll be lucky to match last seasons defensive performance. 

God I hope it's not that bad.  Very pessimistic.  I try to be optimistic but I'm not laying any bets on the Raiders this year.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I'm in on Conley.  We haven't seen that much of him but what I've seen I liked.  It takes time for the light bulb to come on.  Remember Nnamdi Asomugha?  (I had to check that spelling).  He didn't come around until his third year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I'm in on Conley.  We haven't seen that much of him but what I've seen I liked.  It takes time for the light bulb to come on.  Remember Nnamdi Asomugha?  (I had to check that spelling).  He didn't come around until his third year.

And Conley hasn’t looked lost in coverage. He’s quite intelligent. Basically not another DJ Hayden. He was also a Top 10-15 pick but slipped cause of the allegations. 

• Like 1

How are we gonna solve our LB speed/coverage problem?

On 3rd and long, I personally would rather see 3 safeties and 3 corners than sluggish LB play across the middle. Maybe play Abram as a pseudo LB and put in Harris/Riley.

I swear to god, if we don't sign a big time LB/draft one early next year, I'm gonna lose it.

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How are we gonna solve our LB speed/coverage problem?

On 3rd and long, I personally would rather see 3 safeties and 3 corners than sluggish LB play across the middle. Maybe play Abram as a pseudo LB and put in Harris/Riley.

I swear to god, if we don't sign a big time LB/draft one early next year, I'm gonna lose it.

What I was thinking was Joseph will start at safety this year and Abram will mostly play as Nickel LB (although still get safety snaps) this year helping with the TE problem. Then he can transition to safety next year as Joseph departs and we draft a LB. 

At least I hope. This organization doesn’t think logically in quite a bit of scenarios.  

• Like 1