Trade Rumors

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Well the key difference with last year is that door B last year were Chris Ivory, Marcus Moore & then Keith Ford.   Gore, Yeldon & Singletary appear to be huge upgrades on last year’s backup plan. 

Sure. But when the Bills weren't going to the playoffs why wouldn't they pull the trigger on a deal with the Eagles even if the backup RB's were meh. Shady wasn't producing numbers so it is not like they would have missed much. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think so too. Though all the local media in their 53 projections now have Yeldon making it over Senorise Perry as the 4th RB so who knows.

So, Buffalo would carry four? I was kind of hoping Yeldon wouldn't make it so the Texans would kick the tires on him.

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, Buffalo would carry four? I was kind of hoping Yeldon wouldn't make it so the Texans would kick the tires on him.

They have done it before. 2017 the opening day roster had 6RB/FB and last year was 5 RB/FB

The 4th back tends to be a workhorse on special teams (Tawain Jones, Marcus Murphy etc) Which is why many expected Perry to get the nod over Yeldon but now he is hurt and Yeldon played a lot of specials in week 3.

Edited by Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sure. But when the Bills weren't going to the playoffs why wouldn't they pull the trigger on a deal with the Eagles even if the backup RB's were meh. Shady wasn't producing numbers so it is not like they would have missed much. 

Well the same problem with #’s is why the Iggles likely wouldn’t give much either.   So better to wait.  Shady looks ok now and HOU has BoB as their de facto GM so... just saying.  

Either way though I agree BUF isn’t forced into any corner.   More on what they can get and whether the 6.4M helps them more long term than on Shady 2019. 

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

The way Howie roster builds now is he trades low assets or signs cut guys when he can, the backup to that being we add vets on 1 year deals.
So when they leave they take the blows of the next years middle tier guys we sign. So if we have a Foles, or a Trey Burton, or Golden Tate hitting the market..their higher comp pick is safe.

Understood, as long as you think that you will always sign less that you lose.  I mean you signed Tate and Foles, so that could have prevented getting a comp pick for players that you lost.   

16 minutes ago, patman said:

Understood, as long as you think that you will always sign less that you lose.  I mean you signed Tate and Foles, so that could have prevented getting a comp pick for players that you lost.   

Foles signed for a very low amount as a backup. That's the $ that counted in the formula. for the year of acquisition alone.   When he won SB52 and they gave him a bonus for great play - didn't count.   The big $ he got was a reworked extension, with that 20M option that both team & Foles opted out to let him walk this past offseason.  But here's the thing -  extensions you sign as a kept player, or retained players don't enter the comp pick formula, only $ spent on additions & lost players.  So the extension and option risk with 20M a year (that was declined) doesn't factor into the formula.   And they didn't sign Tate - they traded for him.  So he didn't enter into the formula, either.   Also keep in mind players signed after early May deadline don't count into the formula.   Roseman & co. are very savvy in working their acquisitions, it's like paint-by-numbers for them.   So nothing from Foles except the original backup QB contract and nothing from Tate counted against PHI what they gained - losing them as FA's certainly counted in their corner for what they "lost".

The take that they are playing advanced chess while most teams are playing checkers in cap management & comp pick management really applies to Howie Roseman.  Nothing but respect for his work as a GM.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, patman said:

It’s definitely a system you keep up in the air. 

They just went in on the year they signed Nick because they weren’t losing anyone, and they dumbly traded a 3rd for Tate, knowing he would net at least a 4th in comp. unfortunately he sucked and wasn’t even worth that on the field. 

Zay Jones parents have both sent out cryptic and somewhat strange tweets within the last few days. There is no question that Zay Jones is a question mark for the Bills and if he wasn't a 2nd round pick I don't think he'd be safe. Michal Irvin brought him up in trade rumors today. Something to monitor for sure. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

If you don't protect Watson soon he's actually going to be dead. Am I weird for actually liking this for the Texans? He's the best young LT in football.

The asking price is WAY too much. I was ok with Clowney + 3rd for Tunsil and a 5th or sometime.

But, a 1st?