Trade Rumors

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

If Clowney is traded, he has to play on the tag this year, right? So whatever team gets him can't even negotiate a deal until after this year. It'd be tough to send any major picks/players to Houston with that in mind.

right which means he should cost way less.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:53 AM, ET80 said:

Can we say the same about Clowney? Is he the best edge/OLB in the league with a history of consistent performance? Would you want to risk big money on him AFTER he took a season off?

When Clowney was at South Carolina and blasted into the backfield to mess up a Michigan running play causing a fumble, the ESPN announcer said "what a hit, balls free." The other ESPN announcer (current Raiders head coach) said "how about that quickness and getoff?" Years later, I still giggle. 

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

When Clowney was at South Carolina and blasted into the backfield to mess up a Michigan running play causing a fumble, the ESPN announcer said "what a hit, balls free." The other ESPN announcer (current Raiders head coach) said "how about that quickness and getoff?" Years later, I still giggle. 

Well - the athleticism the man has IS absolutely unreal. He's done some things athletically I've never seen any DE/LB do, and I've seen JJ Watt pick six a few passes. 

There was a Christmas Eve game, I think in 2015, vs the Bengals? Bengals were backed up at their own 10. Kevin Johnson lost his footing on the play and Dalton threw a quick pass to Brandon Lafell, who cut quick inside and had nobody near him, he had nothing but open land to the end zone. Lafell is sprinting top speed and...you see #90, giving chase. Lafell ends up scoring, but Clowney was booking at top speed, nearly caught a WR from behind.

Here's the clip - it's pretty insane to think of that athleticism:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000763363/Can-t-Miss-Play-LaFell-shows-off-speed-on-86-yard-TD?videoId=10103061-7033-0000-0076-3363684bf8cc

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, Danger said:

The NFL needs to reclassify their positions as EDGE rusher, Defensive Interior, and LB. 3-4 OLBs are the same as DEs, and 3-4 DT are basically the same as defensive tackles. If you tag him again, I almost guarantee he holds out.

As far as the franchise tag goes, they've basically already done that. 

On 8/26/2019 at 9:56 AM, ET80 said:

I have no hair though. I'm as bald as they get.

Well...DUH! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVtEovnA2nEjSJx875out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well - the athleticism the man has IS absolutely unreal. He's done some things athletically I've never seen any DE/LB do, and I've seen JJ Watt pick six a few passes. 

There was a Christmas Eve game, I think in 2015, vs the Bengals? Bengals were backed up at their own 10. Kevin Johnson lost his footing on the play and Dalton threw a quick pass to Brandon Lafell, who cut quick inside and had nobody near him, he had nothing but open land to the end zone. Lafell is sprinting top speed and...you see #90, giving chase. Lafell ends up scoring, but Clowney was booking at top speed, nearly caught a WR from behind.

Here's the clip - it's pretty insane to think of that athleticism:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000763363/Can-t-Miss-Play-LaFell-shows-off-speed-on-86-yard-TD?videoId=10103061-7033-0000-0076-3363684bf8cc

I remember that play, and also thinking either LaFell had lost it or JCs speed was unreal.  Maybe both.

• Like 2

I have nothing to base this on but I really think Dorsey is hassling the Skins about Trent Williams. Our OL has been the chink in the armor and Dorsey reportedly contacted them when Trent first made it known He wanted to be traded.

It will be a couple picks and a player. Which ones? Not sure...

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm curious as to how close they ever were to an extension. It's interesting because we saw two other teams in KC and Seattle with similar situations who just went ahead and unloaded their guys in trade pretty early, allowing the acquiring team to get the extension done. 

I'm not sure if the Texans were trying for an extension, or if talks ever really got off the ground or what. I never heard that they were really digging into talks, but I'm not a Texans fan. The team did seem somewhat reticent to shell out big money this off season though. 

Rumor has it that Brian Gaine wanted to get the deal done but got overridden by Bill O'Brien. Apparently it's a personal thing with Bob, he doesn't fit the culture of players he considers to be leaders on the team (whatever the hell that means). So when you have a coach that can override the GM and get him fired you have no one making sound decisions on the Financials.

It's all a cluster bomb, Clowney should've been locked up a long time ago and if you were going to move him, before the draft made a whole lot more sense but then again when dealing with a "flatter organization" unit you tend to get desperate scenarios like this so close to the start of the season. 

• Like 1

Re: Shady McCoy, the Bills would be nuts to keep him on their roster this year at his current contact savings of 6.4M (2.6M guaranteed of his 9M cap hit).  But it complicates any trade.   Unless a team wants him desperately and doesn’t want to risk waiver claims - they can save a ton of $ by letting BUF cut him.   

It might take another piece that is so tempting for a team to take on McCoy’s contract.   Like a higher pick return than face value for Clowney or a cheap 2nd asset.    But it would be surprising to see McCoy alone getting much in return pick wise given his salary.    

Edited by Broncofan

On 8/26/2019 at 3:08 AM, ET80 said:

God, no.

We went over this - unless you're moving Lane Johnson, Andre Dillard or Jason Peters and picks/players, Clowney isn't available.

There is zero incentive to move Clowney for anything less than an elite and/or ascending LT. The Texans have the cap space to take Clowney two more times over the next two years so trading Clowney is completely contingent on getting the right guy - not just A guy. 

There is zero incentive to move Clowney for anything less than an elite and/or ascending LT

I totally disagree here. Nick Caserio, new GM will use the assets just like he did with the Pats and Jimmy G trade.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/4/29/18522135/update-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-new-england-patriots-san-francisco-49ers-2019-nfl-draft

23 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I totally disagree here. Nick Caserio, new GM will use the assets just like he did with the Pats and Jimmy G trade.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/4/29/18522135/update-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-new-england-patriots-san-francisco-49ers-2019-nfl-draft

Next year, sure. I'd be comfortable with that, to be honest.

But until then, Nicky C is still a member of the Patriots.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Re: Shady McCoy, the Bills would be nuts to keep him on their roster this year at his current contact savings of 6.4M (2.6M guaranteed of his 9M cap hit).  But it complicates any trade.   Unless a team wants him desperately and doesn’t want to risk waiver claims - they can save a ton of $ by letting BUF cut him.   

It might take another piece that is so tempting for a team to take on McCoy’s contract.   Like a higher pick return than face value for Clowney or a cheap 2nd asset.    But it would be surprising to see McCoy alone getting much in return pick wise given his salary.  

Not sure where he'd actually fit in but Come on Home Shady if you're Cut? Might as well complete the Chip Kelly Tri-fecta!

Howie, DeSean, Lesean

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not sure where he'd actually fit in but Come on Home Shady if you're Cut? Might as well complete the Chip Kelly Tri-fecta!

Howie, DeSean, Lesean

Come on if there’s a former Eagle legend RB you want to bring back from BUF it’s clearly Frank “Fly Eagles 🦅 Fly” Gore. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Maybe we see a 3 team trade? They happen, but they're rare.

Redskins trade Trent Williams to Houston

Texans Trade Clowney to Miami

Miami trades 1st Rd Draft pick to Washington

Everybody wins! 😎

yeah but Miami ain't trading any high picks. They want to use them