The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

Deone Bucannon is probably more of what Pettine wants, but he'll probably get claimed by someone else. 

I feel like Bucannon should be 32 years old considering how long his name has been out there.  He's only 27. 

If it takes Will Redmond off the field, I'm all for it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Deone Bucannon is probably more of what Pettine wants, but he'll probably get claimed by someone else. 

I feel like Bucannon should be 32 years old considering how long his name has been out there.  He's only 27. 

This is his 6th year. I don't think he's subject to waivers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Not going to vouch for Redmond over Bucannon or anything here but Redmond has been surprisingly solid out there. Nothing great by any means, but solid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Not going to vouch for Redmond over Bucannon or anything here but Redmond has been surprisingly solid out there. Nothing great by any means, but solid. 

He was really, really bad against the Eagles.

I understand that he bounced back against the Cowboys, but how certain are you that that's the guy you are going to get consistently going forward?

Just now, skibrett15 said:

is a hayden hurst trade viable?  Weren't the Ravens trying to ship him off for cheap to get Ramsey?

How about a Mike Gesicki trade?  Thinking beyond this year, assuming Graham is gone, this offense still needs 2+ TEs.

I'd bet OJ Howard is available for the right price. His usage and production is non-existent in that offense this year.

27 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

I'd bet OJ Howard is available for the right price. His usage and production is non-existent in that offense this year.

that's a tougher one.  My sense is that they still see him as part of the plan long term.  As a player, love him though

Very unlikely any team parts (unless a cancer) with a young player who can be part of a future, like Howard.  Teams that stink are looking to unload aging players who can still play and bad money. 

Bucannon has been a huge bust.  I mean really bad player, and he's no longer a prospect.  I prefer Redmond on the team at this point.  There's still some projection there.  In a very limited viewing I like what I see of Sullivan, and hope Jackson gets a worked in more at safety.  He doesn't appear to be a CB, at least not in man.  Maybe another system could utilize him better.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

He was drafted just a few spots after Ha Ha, in 2014. IIRC, one of the forum debates predraft was whether to draft Ha Ha or Bucannon, with some people supporting the latter because of his aggressive style.

53 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

is a hayden hurst trade viable?  Weren't the Ravens trying to ship him off for cheap to get Ramsey?

How about a Mike Gesicki trade?  Thinking beyond this year, assuming Graham is gone, this offense still needs 2+ TEs.

Rolling with a 3rd year Tonyan and 2nd year Sternberger should be a great start.

Not against Gesicki or Hurst or anyone else...but I am against giving up real compensation for a guy when I think we've got two pretty good TE's being groomed right now.

43 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

I wouldn’t be upset with adding Deone Bucannon and Mike Pennel to give our defense some extra reinforcements midway through the year. 

I get Pennel.

But Bucannon?  I think his reputation is better than his actual play.

I think that if you want that...Burks appears healthy and should get those snaps.  And that's tough for me to type as I'm not Burks fan, but he does deserve his shot if he's healthy.