The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

15 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Now here's something we both think alike in  ... Tonyan needs more snaps.   Imagine, there is hope!

Hopefully snaps equates to more opportunities.  

If he only would have kept running all out on that bomb....  You could tell Rodgers wasn't pleased.  Now Aaron just has to go back to him and build some confidence.  I thought that sideline throw and catch was a great one to give #12 confidence in Tonyan.  Hopefully they can build on that!

I’m serious about Jordy Nelson by the way.  

He would be awesome in the red zone, and with ESB hurt, the only snaps he’s taking from those who need it would be maybe MVS inside the 20’s.  Allison isn’t developing much more than where he’s at I don’t think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

He would be awesome in the red zone, and with ESB hurt, the only snaps he’s taking from those who need it would be maybe MVS inside the 20’s.  Allison isn’t developing much more than where he’s at I don’t think.

I'd take back Jordy in a heartbeat if he wanted to play. His chemistry with Rodgers is invaluable and would help out a ton in the redzone.  He also wasn't washed up last year. For Oakland last year he had  739 on 63 receptions (only 88 targets). PFF graded him as a #2. I don't think it is homerish to think if he came in, he'd be better than Allison today and provide a nice piece (like the James Jones rehash a few years back).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Hopefully snaps equates to more opportunities.  

If he only would have kept running all out on that bomb....  You could tell Rodgers wasn't pleased.  Now Aaron just has to go back to him and build some confidence.  I thought that sideline throw and catch was a great one to give #12 confidence in Tonyan.  Hopefully they can build on that!

Didn't practice Thursday or Friday so not looking like he's getting many opportunities Monday Night. 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

At this point I'd take James freakin Jones over some of our guys. So yea, I'd bring back Jordy is that's what it takes.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, OneTwoSixFive said:

Looking backward while trying to go forward invites disaster.

You must remember Ahman Green in the #34 too...

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Earlier conversations about kicking this guy's tires can end......

The Washington Redskins placed tight end Jordan Reed on injured reserve Saturday because of a concussion, casting his NFL future in doubt.

I missed that. Totally opposed to bringing him in in the first place because he's injury prone. Just like Eifert...