The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Well you also highly doubted he worried about a trade value chart, so I'll end it right there.

Ah, yes. The "I've got nothing to say so I'm going to continue to misinterpret what was written and cling to that" approach.

I said that I highly doubt it's the sole way they gauge value on a trade involving picks and that that 2nd pick wasn't the only way to upgrade an offer. You just chose to take it however you saw fit rather than what it was. That's a real problem on this forum. 

LIS, get off your high horse and actually try to comprehend what's written rather than reading what you want to read. I've come out and said the entire time that there was more than one way to acquire a friggin' RT and you completely ignore it just because it doesn't fit your agenda. Get bent.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Ah, yes. The "I've got nothing to say so I'm going to continue to misinterpret what was written and cling to that" approach.

I said that I highly doubt it's the sole way they gauge value on a trade involving picks and that that 2nd pick wasn't the only way to upgrade an offer. You just chose to take it however you saw fit rather than what it was. That's a real problem on this forum. 

LIS, get off your high horse and actually try to comprehend what's written rather than reading what you want to read. I've come out and said the entire time that there was more than one way to acquire a friggin' RT and you completely ignore it just because it doesn't fit your agenda. Get bent.

But only one way to acquire a nickel corner ? By overpaying ? What was it ? A 1st and a 3rd and a 3rd ? Genius !

Just now, cannondale said:

But only one way to acquire a nickel corner ? By overpaying ? What was it ? A 1st and a 3rd and a 3rd ? Genius !

Yep. Continue to be obtuse because you don't have a leg to stand on right now.

22 year old, cheap, ELITE, versatile, PERFECT scheme fit defensive back but, yep, just your typical nickel corner but yep, gotta have that hopeful RT with that pick!

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. Continue to be obtuse because you don't have a leg to stand on right now.

22 year old, cheap, ELITE, versatile, PERFECT scheme fit defensive back but, yep, just your typical nickel corner but yep, gotta have that hopeful RT with that pick!

Those are a dime a dozen in the 5th round. Right after all the perfect RT's and just before all the franchise QB's

Edited by cannondale

4 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Yes the data here (as does many positions) says you don’t need to be pigeon holed into a tackle high (or any position). You can develop one. Our biggest issue though is we don’t have a viable development option that deserves the job (unless you really like Alex Light). Our planned hedge (Spriggs) was a complete whiff. The realistic 2020 options right now are all less than ideal;

- Alex Light

- Extending Bulaga 

- Multiple pick trade for someone ready

-FA (which good tackles don’t typically become available, unless they are in year 10 or have had injuries like an Okung).

-Billy Turner (who sucked at tackle in Denver)

-Draft pick 

No offense to Alex Light but pretty much all of these look like  major negative options with the exception of drafting one round one.

Are you one of those guys that only watches the first day of the NFL Draft? I don't understand how you can't get excited about a tackle that isn't drafted in the first round. I remember when we drafted David Bakhtiari in the FOURTH that's right not the FIRST but the FOURTH round and there was a bit of hype behind that pick. In fact, Palmy came into this chat to tell us we may have drafted the next Jordan Gross. If you can't get behind a prospect or see the positives in a prospect if they don't have a Round 1 label then I don't know what to tell you, some of the best players in the NFL have come in MUCH later rounds. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Are you one of those guys that only watches the first day of the NFL Draft? I don't understand how you can't get excited about a tackle that isn't drafted in the first round. I remember when we drafted David Bakhtiari in the FOURTH that's right not the FIRST but the FOURTH round and there was a bit of hype behind that pick. In fact, Palmy came into this chat to tell us we may have drafted the next Jordan Gross. If you can't get behind a prospect or see the positives in a prospect if they don't have a Round 1 label then I don't know what to tell you, some of the best players in the NFL have come in MUCH later rounds. 

Did you even read my post or did you just pick out the fact that I think we should take a tackle?

I agree RT’s and OL in general can be developed. With that said we haven’t been developing tackles recently. Bak was 5 years ago (and was kind of bad his first year). As stated our options next year are pretty bad. Right now it s looking like Alex Light(unproven development guy), Billy Turner (proven he can’t play tackle), a retread, or a draft pick (if you got your way a rookie 4th rounder). For every Bak that works, there are many Tony Molls, Spriggs, Marshall Newhouses.

Round 1/2 are about getting value (guys who can play and upside) at positions of need. Tackle is need 1 by a mile next year (then it is debatable, probably a skilled position)

15 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Well the Minkah dream is dead. Here come the Ramsey posts.

I’ll say, I’d be more willing to give up a 1 for him vs Minkah.

I was down for sending #1 for Fitzpatrick, but it was a flat offer not even trying to get into a bidding war with anyone. 

Not even interested in Ramsey. It's not the same favorable contract situation and I was more interested in a guy who can play slot/s than another perimeter CB.

28 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I was down for sending #1 for Fitzpatrick, but it was a flat offer not even trying to get into a bidding war with anyone. 

Not even interested in Ramsey. It's not the same favorable contract situation and I was more interested in a guy who can play slot/s than another perimeter CB.

Jalen Ramsey becomes the best slot CB/Safety in the league if you decide to play him at either of those spots.

51 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Here come the Ramsey posts. I’ll say, I’d be more willing to give up a 1 for him vs Minkah.

If you completely disregard contracts and attitude, then OK.

If you don't disregard those two things, then heck no!

• Like 1