There are 8 game day inactives

1 RB

1 WR

1 OL

1 DL

1 DB

-They kept 4 TEs active last season

-Have to keep 4 OLBs active.

There is more than likely going to be at least 2 ILBs inactice.

Fair enough. Could be they know they intend to put one of Iggy or Woods on the PS and wanted to delay their getting there a day until after a post cutdown add so as to potentially decrease the likelihood they’re claimed elsewhere. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe they're trying to protect Smith and Trevathan from injury, though? Yeah...I'm reaching, I know. Keeping 6 is pretty hard to explain. Maybe they're gonna try and trade Trevathan? Ya got me...

Just seems to be a matter of STs coverage ...along with a possible addition or two from others' castoffs

Our core is great and set and while I'd like to see Colquitt and maybe more OL depth, the far more pressing issue is STs coverage

45 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Guessing it’s not entirely unrelated to the fact that none of our RBs or WRs are likely to play on any coverage teams. 

Yeah, good thought.  When I look at that part of the roster there are maybe one or two who might Whyte being one.

We're also kinda thin at CB and OLB and TE so how much risk do we take there?

So it's gonna be Safeties and ILBs who are basically more like jumbo Safeties who are gonna get the nod.  Case in point.  Other than ST how does DH-C make the team?  Makes sense.  The third unit needs it's guys too.

11 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Just seems to be a matter of STs coverage ...along with a possible addition or two from others' castoffs

Our core is great and set and while I'd like to see Colquitt and maybe more OL depth, the far more pressing issue is STs coverage

You're probably right about that, which disturbs me as 6 seems to be too many...

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe they're trying to protect Smith and Trevathan from injury, though? Yeah...I'm reaching, I know. Keeping 6 is pretty hard to explain. Maybe they're gonna try and trade Trevathan? Ya got me...

Nah, he's too key a defender for that.  Given our lack of starting caliber depth at ILB there's a better chance of him being offered an extension than traded or allowed to become a FA.  We have no one now who could replace him.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Nah, he's too key a defender for that.  Given our lack of starting caliber depth at ILB there's a better chance of him being offered an extension than traded or allowed to become a FA.  We have no one now who could replace him.

Don't get me wrong...I don't want him gone. Just trying to wrap my head around 6 ILBs. And no Bars. 

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't get me wrong...I don't want him gone. Just trying to wrap my head around 6 ILBs. And no Bars. 

I fully expect Bars to end up back on the PS for now.

No matter how much we liked him in preseason we should also remind ourselves most of the time he was up against backups at best and guys who are now on the street not any Von Millers or Kahlil Macks.

But I will say for the life of me I don't have a clue as to why they're keeping Lucas other than experience. He may be big as a house but he moves like one too.  I don't see him lasting very long.

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Not outside he can't and we already have two nickelbacks on the roster...need to find more outside depth.

If we're being honest, not even nickel unless it's garbage time and we're already ahead. Def need more outside depth. Should be a top priority in next years draft.

He can play ST's so he does have that going for him.

Edited by JustAnotherFan