Texans trade Clowney to Seahawks

buno67

this is huge for the Browns. An elite edge defender has left the AFC and is now in the NFC. Even bigger that it’s a team that was going to be a threat to the Browns. 

Maybe the stars are aligning!

Luck retires from the Colts

Houston trades away Clowney

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Clowney or Vernon, who’s better and if you could have either who would it be?

Id be hard pressed to not day Vernon tbh.  Clowney’s good, but I’m not sure he’s as elite as his contract demands seem to indicate.

Also Vernon goes hard with money, some guys drop off wence paid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CleBrowns07 said:

Drafting Mingo finally paid off

Post of the day.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Clowney or Vernon, who’s better and if you could have either who would it be?

Id be hard pressed to not day Vernon tbh.  Clowney’s good, but I’m not sure he’s as elite as his contract demands seem to indicate.

Vernon is better and cheaper.

Even as an injury concern, Clowney has either led or been top 3 in run stuffs for over the last 3 years. He's also top 8 in Hurries in most years. His disruption in terms of traditional box-score stats is missed. He's elite. Terrible. Terrible trade for the Texans. 

if you're going to trade Clowney for nothing, why not trade him for things that have the opportunity to protect your franchise QB?  Trade Clowney for 3 Offensive Lineman... Trade Clowney for a WR2 to take the pressure off of Hopkins.

They traded for need ... "we're losing DEs so let's get back DE's" 

I would've traded a 3rd rounder for him and Chris Smith and some other DEs just for the opportunity to have him as a 1-year rental and then get a compensatory pick for him the next year....

Ridiculous....

Edited by Mind Character

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Even as an injury concern, Clowney has either led or been top 3 in run stuffs for over the last 3 years. He's also top 8 in Hurries in most years. His disruption in terms of traditional box-score stats is missed. He's elite. Terrible. Terrible trade for the Texans. 

if you're going to trade Clowney for nothing, why not trade him for things that have the opportunity to protect your franchise QB?  Trade Clowney for 3 Offensive Lineman... Trade Clowney for a WR2 to take the pressure off of Hopkins.

I would've traded a 3rd rounder for him and Chris Smith and some other DEs just for the opportunity to have him as a 1-year rental and then get a compensatory pick for him the next year....

Ridiculous....

Fwiw, the word was that he was refusing to sign his tag and wanted to be part of actively negotiating where he was traded to, thus limiting the ability of the Texans to maximize trade capital. And that said, the vibe in Houston is that it is a rudderless ship, that they really could use a GM right now who is the GM.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Ridiculous....

Oh the value is awful for sure, I don’t think anyone is debating that.

Not sure I’d be to thrilled to sign him to 100-120 million dollar contract though.

54 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Fwiw, the word was that he was refusing to sign his tag and wanted to be part of actively negotiating where he was traded to, thus limiting the ability of the Texans to maximize trade capital. And that said, the vibe in Houston is that it is a rudderless ship, that they really could use a GM right now who is the GM.

Yeah I’m not sure what they’re doing right now besides killing my man @ET80