College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I am toying with a theory here....working on my 2nd Mock draft.....I am thinking there is going to possibly 3 auctions for QB's in this draft. I think there will be an auction in the top 3 picks, for Burrow/Tua, I think there is going to be a second Auction, around 9/10 for Julian Love and Justin Herbert, and I think there is going to be an Auction around 30-32 for Fromm and Eason (Imagine the team Georgia had 2 years about...Sonny Michelle, Nick Chubb, KJ Swift, Fromm and Eason all in the same backfield).

But if there is an Auction at 10.....and we have "Insert your favorite OT here" on the board, do you take the OT or do you trade down? If we do trade down, how comfortable would you be moving down in the first round, and what type of compensation would you want?

Open Ended Question to all the Brothers in here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I am toying with a theory here....working on my 2nd Mock draft.....I am thinking there is going to possibly 3 auctions for QB's in this draft. I think there will be an auction in the top 3 picks, for Burrow/Tua, I think there is going to be a second Auction, around 9/10 for Julian Love and Justin Herbert, and I think there is going to be an Auction around 30-32 for Fromm and Eason (Imagine the team Georgia had 2 years about...Sonny Michelle, Nick Chubb, KJ Swift, Fromm and Eason all in the same backfield).

But if there is an Auction at 10.....and we have "Insert your favorite OT here" on the board, do you take the OT or do you trade down? If we do trade down, how comfortable would you be moving down in the first round, and what type of compensation would you want?

Open Ended Question to all the Brothers in here.

It would depend on the offer and what I think of the second tier of tackles.

If someone is offering an enormous package 😆 to move up, I’d probably consider it.  If it’s an extra 3rd or something, maybe, but I’d have to like my options in a trade down and not be moving down too far.

Generally speaking, if a team is trading up for a QB and their willing to give up the next year’s first, I’m game.  I like the odds of that being a decent pick.

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

He's about to be a free agent. If they tag him, it'll be $20 mil or so and not worth it. He's solid but has been injured a lot. It's more likely we keep Olivier Vernon at $15 million to play LE and hope he stays healthy, also grabbing a DE in the draft; analytics says it's a great position to draft because the contract is cheap.

This may be the last year of cheap high draft contracts, which is why I would be in favor of trading Schobert for around the value of pick #25, possibly something like #30 and #126 from the Packers if they like him as a coverage MLB in their attacking 3-4.

Jadeveon Clowney was tagged and traded for a 3rd, Barkevious Mingo and...somebody else. 

What on Tayne's Green Earth makes you think we would get anything resembling a 1st and a 4th for a lesser player at a less valuable position?

Edited by End Run
The earth is always tayner on the other side.

1 hour ago, End Run said:

Jadeveon Clowney was tagged and traded for a 3rd, Barkevious Mingo and...somebody else. 

What on Tayne's Green Earth makes you think we would get anything resembling a 1st and a 4th for a lesser player at a less valuable position?

Jadaveon had an injury history, head been underwhelming at rushing the passer for what he was billed as, and he was wanting to be paid top pass rusher money. He hasn't been considered a team leader, as far as I've ever heard either. And they should have gotten more.

Amari had been injured and underachieving and still got a first. I put Joe's value as around pick #25 as the most we might get (#32 + #128 in the scenario) from the team that outbids the others for a perceived team leader LB on his prime who can cover. It's really not unreasonable. 

I wouldn't do it, which is why I would trade him, but that value isn't crazy. Maybe we would only get the value of pick 45, but we'd get a third just for letting him walk 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by NudeTayne
And the earth is indeed tayner here. Thanks for noticing 💞💕💓.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Best case scenario for us is that Detroit trades Stafford and decides to draft Tua.

That will create a circus for Justin Herbert.

Have to assume Chase + 3 QBs + Okudah being taken ahead of us opens a whole bunch of possibilities.

Remember we thought the same thing about Josh Allen if Baker and Darnold went top3.