College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

41 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

When do we cut Jarvis and Odell loose?

Even if all goes well, they are both a few years from 30 when the NFL declares skill position players dead to them.

Maybe 2 years?

Maybe after seasons end if they both increase their value, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move them both.

If they're not long for the team (2 years or less) that means we definitely need to get a WR in this draft and develop them to step in when the time is right.

The thing about OBJ and Jarvis is that their strengths can last until their both in their mid 30’s. Elite route runners, intelligence (football IQ), and great hands.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

When do we cut Jarvis and Odell loose?

Even if all goes well, they are both a few years from 30 when the NFL declares skill position players dead to them.

Maybe 2 years?

Maybe after seasons end if they both increase their value, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move them both.

If they're not long for the team (2 years or less) that means we definitely need to get a WR in this draft and develop them to step in when the time is right.

Most players peak seasons are between the ages 25-28 after that they usually decline in production. 

Id bet on obj being able to perform at a high level for the next 3-4 yeara, he has a unique physical skill set. Jarvis has taken more of beating, has a bad hip, and is less explosive to being with. 

Keep obj, trade juice the second he declines. 

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Most players peak seasons are between the ages 25-28 after that they usually decline in production. 

Id bet on obj being able to perform at a high level for the next 3-4 yeara, he has a unique physical skill set. Jarvis has taken more of beating, has a bad hip, and is less explosive to being with. 

Keep obj, trade juice the second he declines. 

It's a bit complex, as they are best friends. It's a business and all, but if OBJ is still playing at a top-10 level by that point, it's likely we'd at least compete with other teams to re-sign him at market value. We could let Landry hot free agency and test the waters then re-sign with us if he chooses. Then OBJ couldn't hold that against the team. This might seem over the top for a business, but Landry is very good and OBJ is a star so this would be reasonable.

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Would rather take one of the higher rated tackles at 10, and get a quality wr that drops to the 3rd, than do the reverse.  Sure jeudy and lamb would look nice...but I don't know if the drop off would be too steep talent wise with a tackle taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

Agreed, some of the best receivers recently have been taken in the 2nd and later

15 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Jonah Jackson is a name we need to be discussing 

He looked good in the senior bowl. If we could get him with the Duke Johnson pick I’d be okay with it. 

TBH I wouldn’t care if they went all trenches this year. A combo of a T or two, G, DE, DT, TE. With all 4 of the first four picks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He’s really sloppy. And isn’t he super old?

really sloppy? I dont think he was that sloppy. You cant be that bad to come right in and start right away at tOSU. Hell, he was prolly the best lineman they had this year...

Super old? I think he is 22, maybe 23, but why would that matter for a lineman? they can easily play into their mid 30s

52 minutes ago, buno67 said:

really sloppy? I dont think he was that sloppy. You cant be that bad to come right in and start right away at tOSU. Hell, he was prolly the best lineman they had this year...

Super old? I think he is 22, maybe 23, but why would that matter for a lineman? they can easily play into their mid 30’s

He’s at least 24. That’s really old for any prospect. Plus I don’t think he’s some superstud to be honest. I think he’d a mid round pick, as he should be. Plus I don’t like that he’s 24+. It means he won’t have the same upward development as some of the other prospects. 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Jackson? I thought he was the most technically sound OL at the senior bowl. I think you may have him mistaken for someone else 

yeah his senior bowl moved him up the guard rankings. If he has a solid combine he could become one of the better IOL in the draft rankings

• Like 1