College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

This is a relatively weak draft. I wouldn't mind trading down for future picks depending on how the board falls. Especially outside of R1. There is not a lot of talent in the 32-70 range in the draft. That's where the worst value will be in this class IMO. If Biadasz or a random surprise slip doesn't happen with our 2nd rounder, get out of there and nab a 1st in 2021.

I feel like this is a great class if you need help on the offensive side of the ball and a horrific class if you need defensive help. Especially LB/DB.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like this is a great class if you need help on the offensive side of the ball and a horrific class if you need defensive help. Especially LB/DB.

Would you draft Okudah over any of the tackles of he makes it to 10? Tough call.

35 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Would you draft Okudah over any of the tackles of he makes it to 10? Tough call.

It would depend on our scheme.

If we run zone, no way. If we run man to man, I’d say yes. Just watch him against Clemsons WR’s.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/senior-bowl-prospect-risers-and-fallers-at-each-position?fbclid=IwAR0aayFWW3swnM-mWvtwbwqEEn3T0ew4ZeGDxWDzEt6enP3toKFDbaBNnzI

TIGHT END

Riser: Josiah Deguara, Cincinnati

One of the biggest surprises in practice has been the show put on by Cincinnati’s Josiah Deguara. Measuring in at 6-foot-3, 245 pounds, I thought he set the tone in the first practice with his physicality and technique as a blocker. Of all the tight ends at this year's Senior Bowl, Deguara looks like the most comfortable in-line player. In the second practice, Deguara showcased his talent as a pass-catcher by running crisp, clean routes with impressive fluidity in and out of his breaks. He was then able to finish those plays by securing the ball with strong, natural hands outside of his frame. This 2020 tight end class is fairly weak at the top, but if you're looking for a mid-round player at the position to fall in love with, Deguara has the complete skill set.

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

Riser: Ben Bartch, Saint John's

For small school prospects, an all-star game like the Senior Bowl is a huge opportunity to show scouts they can hang with the best of the best. Saint John's Ben Bartch has not only proven that he can, but he has shown the traits and consistency in one-on-one pass protection reps that you would look for in an early-round prospect. He moves about as smooth as any offensive lineman at this year's event. His kick slide and ability to mirror edge rushers around the arc is what immediately stands out on practice tape this week. I still think Bartch needs to get stronger in his lower body, but the foot quickness and fluidity are there for him to be a worthwhile investment on Day 2.

SAFETIES

Riser: Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

Jeremy Chinn came into Mobile as one of my biggest sleepers in the 2020 draft, and sure enough, his name is now on everyone's radar. At 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, Chinn has played everything from cornerback to weakside linebacker. His position flexibility to do multiple things as a space defender in coverage is incredibly valuable. You just don't see physical marvels his size with that kind of fluidity and explosive movement skills. Chinn was the most impressive-looking player at the weigh-in Monday, and he followed that up with excellent performances at practice.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

We need to just draft 1 stud OT and sign a vet who is better than Hubbard. I can live with a RG sucking, they're the easiest to protect schematically.

Ideally:

1. Stud at OT

2-7. Defensive players.

I know people want a tight end, but I don’t place a huge emphasis on that position.

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We need to just draft 1 stud OT and sign a vet who is better than Hubbard. I can live with a RG sucking, they're the easiest to protect schematically.

Ideally:

1. Stud at OT

2-7. Defensive players.

I know people want a tight end, but I don’t place a huge emphasis on that position.

If we could both sign Conklin as a FA OT and roll the dice on his medical to some up front money with the ability to walk away after 2 years, and then double up on one of the 2 best OT at #10 this year, I'd be pumped. Maybe even re-sign Robinson to a 1 year deal as an insurance policy and swing LT/RT.

You'd have:

Conklin   Bitonio   Tretter    RG     Rookie OT

...and if Baker can't do well behind that OL, then that's 100% his fault and they have things set up really well for their next guy.

@Horseunit

Man.. it always sucks to think that you've found a hidden gem while evaluating guys just to see the whole world get told about them during all star bowl and draft process season.

Now, NFL scouts have been on a lot of these guys going back years of course

I loved Deguara and evaluated him as a do everything TE/FB/HB prospect to pick in the 7th.

Chinn had special tape, and I had him as one of my guys in the 5th, but he also wasn't asked to do a lot often in terms of safety responsibilities.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:11 AM, Mind Character said:

Taking the Best Players/Starter Quality Draft:

;1.) Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama

2.) Prince Tega-Wanogho, LT Auburn

*** 2.) Jalen Reager, WR TCU (***TRADE*** a 3rd Rounder to move up form our 1st 3rd to Mid-2nd Rounder)

3.) ***TRADED***

4.) Denzel Mims, WR Baylor

*** 5.) Harrison Bryant, TE FIU (***TRADE*** our last 7th round pick and a future later rounder to move from the 6th into the 5th Round to take Harrison Bryant, TE FIU)

6.) **TRADED***

7.) Josiah Deguara, TE/HB/FB Cincinnati 

7.) **TRADED**----

On 1/13/2020 at 12:08 AM, Mind Character said:

The 4 that I Want to Believe In -- Developmental Quality Starter Upside:

3.) Kyle Dugger, SS Lenoir-Rhyne (3rd-6th Round)

4.) Antoine Brooks Jr., SS Maryland (4th-6th)

** 5.) Patrick Nelson, SS SMU (5th-7th; ** Will be DePo's guy; had 15+ TFLs and 12.5 Sacks his final year; unbelievable heart but alligator arms and lacks athleticism to bet on being a major factor in the pros)

6.) Jeremy Chinn, SS Southern Illinois