College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, Horseunit said:

I tried to be as realistic with this mock draft as I could.  

Round 1 CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma... Most talented player on the board when we select. Wills, Thomas, and Okudah were off the board. Passed on Wirfs.

Round 2 Julian Okwara EDGE Notre Dame... We need more pass rushers and Okwara has all the traits you look for in a secondary pass rusher.

Round 3 Ben Bartch OT St. John... Still a work in progress but has shown at the Senior Bowl he can hang with the competition.

Round 3 Jeremy Chinn S Southern Illinois... One of my top sleeper prospects who is now on everyone's radar after a strong showing at the Senior Bowl.

Round 4 Jack Driscoll OT Auburn... Spells the end of the Chris Hubbard experiment at right tackle.

Round 6 Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati... Undersized but willing to do the dirty work could be your lead blocker, sneak him out in the flat, grind out those extra yards type.

Round 7 Glen Logan IDL LSU... He might be off the board at this point, but a developmental d-line man that has some upside as an interior pass rusher.

If we sign someone to play LT in free agency, could get on board with the ol Matt Millen draft. Watched Lamb for about a quarter of play and was like whoa. He's Tayne's WR1 and of course word be exciting with Baker. Still have a hard time seeing this unless we are planning on moving on from the other two, though (?).

And do you think all those guys last that long now that eyes are on them? 

Edited by NudeTayne

It's all going according to plan.

I have a strange feeling that Herbert is going to be the 2nd QB off the board in the top 10 not Tua.

Bake Mayfield's success helps Kyler.

Lamar Jackosn's success will help the stock of running QBs.

Josh Allen's success will help Justin Herbert's draft position.

-------

Other Senior Bowl Buzz stuff on Lloyd Cushenberry III, OC/OG LSU made me go back and watch him.

He played at Center so I didn't watch him much unless he flashed while watching Damien Lewis.

Cushenberry's length and movement skills are amazing. He be a great 3rd round target at guard if he makes it there.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

It's all going according to plan.

I have a strange feeling that Herbert is going to be the 2nd QB off the board in the top 10 not Tua.

Bake Mayfield's success helps Kyler.

Lamar Jackosn's success will help the stock of running QBs.

Josh Allen's success will help Justin Herbert's draft position.

-------

Other Senior Bowl Buzz stuff on Lloyd Cushenberry III, OC/OG LSU made me go back and watch him.

He played at Center so I didn't watch him much unless he flashed while watching Damien Lewis.

Cushenberry's length and movement skills are amazing. He be a great 3rd round target at guard if he makes it there.

Id love a situation like the 2011 draft where ponder, blaine, and locker are takennover giys like jj watt, cam jordan, cam heyward and tyron smith. 

If 3 qbs go top 10 or we get a haul to move that would be awesome. 

Pitt got a 1,2, and future 3 ro drop 10 spots, id love rhat

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id love a situation like the 2011 draft where ponder, blaine, and locker are takennover giys like jj watt, cam jordan, cam heyward and tyron smith. 

If 3 qbs go top 10 or we get a haul to move that would be awesome. 

Pitt got a 1,2, and future 3 ro drop 10 spots, id love rhat

We need this situation so bad.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It's going to be a wild wild one.

Isaiah Simmons, Justin Herbert, and Tua Tagovailoa are going make whatever happens after the first 2 picks an eventuality that none of us likely saw coming.

What I can't figure is if this draft has a 1st round and top of the 2nd round so deep that we should take the trade down approach.

I go back in forth, but the more players I learn about the more I feel like it's protective strategy that we might want to explore.

I don't know though.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Sounds like Okudah is almost big enough to be one hell of a FS, roving DB.

Yeah but you wouldn't want him there. His best trait is playing tight press man coverage, like Ward. Neither one at S makes sense.

If Okudah fell, it means the OT's probably all went too. So yeah, he'd be a fine pick. But let's be honest, he'd be lucky to be available at #5, letalone #10. Too many teams need CB's and they are in high demand. Okudah isn't sliding to 10.

CeeDee Lamb? Or even Jerry Jeudy? I'd take them in a heartbeat if the OT's and Derrick Brown were gone. Those dudes are elite and wouldn't be reaches in the top 3. So yeah, grab one and move Jarvis to the slot.

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

CeeDee Lamb? Or even Jerry Jeudy? I'd take them in a heartbeat if the OT's and Derrick Brown were gone. Those dudes are elite and wouldn't be reaches in the top 3. So yeah, grab one and move Jarvis to the slot.

When do we cut Jarvis and Odell loose?

Even if all goes well, they are both a few years from 30 when the NFL declares skill position players dead to them.

Maybe 2 years?

Maybe after seasons end if they both increase their value, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move them both.

If they're not long for the team (2 years or less) that means we definitely need to get a WR in this draft and develop them to step in when the time is right.

• Like 1