Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

4 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And if my #5 el still can't make s play for his qb when he misses slightly (still hit both his hands) in year 3...then I'm staying to question his status as a potential 1.

And I'm a Davis fan... He was my AAT last year. Mariota the high, but it's a catch I expect my #1 to make... I wish I could find a replay of that pass. At first look, I thought it was all on Mariota, but then on the replay, I came to the conclusion that Davis shoulda caught it... I'd like to see it a 3rd time

It's absolutely something you want Davis to catch, but if it's something you think only your #1 WR is going to catch it's probably not a very good pass that's going to be considered a drop. That's at least how I see it.

Davis really does need to go up and get the ball, but, despite his size, he hasn't really shown that ability, at least not consistently. 

I was always taught in football that if you can touch it with a hand,  you can catch it. That said, if I'm actually going to try to point blame as to why that play resulted in an incompletion, I'm going to lean more towards the throw.

I don't know how to share clips but MCM has it in their Keeping up with Mariota article. Davis is fully extended and it looks like it hits the top of his hands. He probably jumps a hair early too. I think saying his QB missed him "slightly" is putting it very lightly.

I don't think that's consistently made by most WRs, and if you have to hold Davis to a certain top 5 pick standard in order for it to be looked at as a ball he should have caught, then I don't think the blames on him. 

Just my opinion though. Kinda nick picky subject to debate on.

Edited by TitanSS

There it is... Yeah, it's higher than I'd feel comfortable with. So there's that pass and the Sharpe pass (although that may have a miscommunication, seems Mariota didn't think he go so far inside... Still missed him bad though). 

2 badly missed passes, no turnovers, 75% red zone efficiency, bad 3rd down efficiency... On a night he was pressured on more than half hisndropbacks (only Miami was worse)... 

We still have room to improve... Not only Mariota, but the offense as a whole. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

There it is... Yeah, it's higher than I'd feel comfortable with. So there's that pass and the Sharpe pass (although that may have a miscommunication, seems Mariota didn't think he go so far inside... Still missed him bad though). 

2 badly missed passes, no turnovers, 75% red zone efficiency, bad 3rd down efficiency... On a night he was pressured on more than half hisndropbacks (only Miami was worse)... 

Man I can’t wait to Lewan gets back & hopefully Davis get up to speed & become the RG, but this offense potential is scary if we get everyone heathy & clicking on all cylinders. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, he didn't play terrible by any stretch. He just wasn't amazing either and we didn't really ask him to be. 

I stupidly complained about the formations early in the game when the offense was struggling, and I think I will always want to spread the field more because that's what I want to see as a fan. However, I do understand that given our OL and QBs strengths and weaknesses that spreading the field often is probably a bad idea.

This felt like a game plan tailored to Mariota. The Chiefs did it well for Alex Smith for awhile so hopefully we can keep it up.

• Like 1

Man Corey Davis and AJ Brown is a scary DUO I know its one game but man AJ has that dog in em. And if he starts lighting it up and teams move their top corner to his side... Davis on some scrubs LOL. And Henry AND Marcus can still run LOL. If we can stay healthy...

We're dangerous bruh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Man Corey Davis and AJ Brown is a scary DUO I know its one game but man AJ has that dog in em. And if he starts lighting it up and teams move their top corner to his side... Davis on some scrubs LOL. And Henry AND Marcus can still run LOL. If we can stay healthy...

We're dangerous bruh

I'm salivating over AJ Brown.  I was in love with him as a prospect, thrilled when the Titans nabbed him, and he's everything I thought he would be so far.  Just one game, but when (I think) most of us have been on the AJ Brown hype train since before he was the pick, it's hard to curb that enthusiasm.

• Like 3