Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

Mariota_flat_out_misses_Sharpe.gif

Less encouraging is Mariota missing him outright. To be fair I do like that Mariota anticipates Sharpe getting open (he’s throwing this just before Sharpe breaks on his route), so I can’t fault the quarterback for his decision. What’s not to like he misses an open Sharpe.” - musiccitymiracles.com

Marcus had about 3 maybe 4 misses. We expect him to hit every pass. Watching the other QBs in the league and the "elite" ones, they miss passes too. More than 3 or 4 with a higher volume of passes. 

But no doubt he missed on some passes. But I think we expect him to never miss. And to be honest that isn't fair. But is what it is. 

Mahomes tried another no look pass and missed a wide open Kelce in the endzone. But he has a lot of attempts so it isn't as glaring. 

I'm not gonna cry over a few off passes because others do the same if not worst. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Marcus had about 3 maybe 4 misses. We expect him to hit every pass. Watching the other QBs in the league and the "elite" ones, they miss passes too. More than 3 or 4 with a higher volume of passes. 

But no doubt he missed on some passes. But I think we expect him to never miss. And to be honest that isn't fair. But is what it is. 

Mahomes tried another no look pass and missed a wide open Kelce in the endzone. But he has a lot of attempts so it isn't as glaring. 

I'm not gonna cry over a few off passes because others do the same if not worst. 

I posted those to point out his anticipation. I believe that was a talking point around here in the offseason if I’m not mistaken 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Honestly, the worst one was the pass to Sharpe and I still chalk that up to the o-line letting him get hit so many times.

The Sharpe miss was rough, it’s tough to criticize for anticipating, but that’s probably a touchdown if he just leads him after his break. Was the perfect route for the coverage. If I had to guess, he expected a sharper break (even then, bad throw) and Tajae saw nothing but green in front of him.

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, locally I got the Rams/Panthers game and both Goff and Newton were missing guys all over the field. In fact, as a sidenote, Goff has really struggled his last 7 or so games(including the playoffs). Something to keep an eye on.

Like you mentioned, it also doesn't help when he throws only 20-25 times, while some of the other QBs are throwing 35+ times. The misses are going to be magnified more with limited amount of throws.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, locally I got the Rams/Panthers game and both Goff and Newton were missing guys all over the field. In fact, as a sidenote, Goff has really struggled his last 7 or so games(including the playoffs). Something to keep an eye on.

Like you mentioned, it also doesn't help when he throws only 20-25 times, while some of the other QBs are throwing 35+ times. The misses are going to be magnified more with limited amount of throws.

Yeah I watched some of Rams/Panthers highlights or condensed game and I was like "are people seeing Cam miss badly?"  

I'm going to watch tonight and I want to see how these QB's play.

Are yall reading the Browns threads about this game? They’re still in denial.

I’ve seen so many posts talking about how the problem was that the Browns bought into their own hype and once the Titans “didn’t roll over and die” or “actually tried” they beat themselves.

They for real still think the Browns were the better team.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Are yall reading the Browns threads about this game? They’re still in denial.

I’ve seen so many posts talking about how the problem was that the Browns bought into their own hype and once the Titans “didn’t roll over and die” or “actually tried” they beat themselves.

They for real still think the Browns were the better team.

Hard for them to accept given how they played. The penalties make it feel like the game was taken from them. Even seeing where the league was against them...lol

The league has done nothing but pump them up. And to think the league put the fix in for the "glorious" Tennessee Titans is laughable. 
Bitter because their team self-destructed and the Titans whopped them on defense and late in the game. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hard for them to accept given how they played. The penalties make it feel like the game was taken from them. Even seeing where the league was against them...lol

The league has done nothing but pump them up. And to think the league put the fix in for the "glorious" Tennessee Titans is laughable. 
Bitter because their team self-destructed and the Titans whopped them on defense and late in the game. 

Where does kicking players in the face come in?