Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

I’m less than a month away from my basement theater being finished.  I have (but haven’t finished) Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone and Far Cry New Dawn.  After I finish those three, I’m gonna need an epic RPG that is a perfect mix between Mass Effect, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.

What’s gonna be available?  I don’t like the Zelda type animation RPGs, and I don’t like Final Fantasy games.  Is anything coming out for PS4 early 2020?

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m less than a month away from my basement theater being finished.  I have (but haven’t finished) Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone and Far Cry New Dawn.  After I finish those three, I’m gonna need an epic RPG that is a perfect mix between Mass Effect, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.

What’s gonna be available?  I don’t like the Zelda type animation RPGs, and I don’t like Final Fantasy games.  Is anything coming out for PS4 early 2020?

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/recommendations/gamerprofile/videogame/

According to this Kingdom come deliverance, Dishonored, Metal Gear solid V.

Honestly those are all pretty good games but I'd say Dishonored.

As for what's coming out early 2020....Cyberpunk 2077 (Witcher Devs) Dying Light 2, 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Definitely Red Dead 2. 

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Definitely give the Outer Worlds a shot if you see it on sale over the holidays.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, Cheesehawk said:

Definitely give the Outer Worlds a shot if you see it on sale over the holidays.

I don’t really care about the price.  The only thing I’m concerned with on Outer Worlds is believability.  If it’s just straight up satire I’m not sure I would enjoy it.  

On 10/24/2019 at 10:30 AM, Heimdallr said:

who would have thought that Activision / Call of Duty would be the most consumer friendly release right now? Strange times.

It won't be for long. Trust me, microtransactions are coming, and it'll only be a matter of time before they sneak in post-review loot boxes just like they did with BO4. 

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t really care about the price.  The only thing I’m concerned with on Outer Worlds is believability.  If it’s just straight up satire I’m not sure I would enjoy it.  

Its very similar to Fallout in the sense that it definitely has satire tied into the story but there are a lot of dark and in depth stories that are interesting. 

So I'm about done with God of War. Just hunting valks and I think that'll be it. Debating my next. Would like something to last me until spring when FF VIIR is released. I've never played Far Cry games but they seem fun. Are they good? Would I need to play earlier games to understand 5? Debating between this and Days Gone. I only play like 4-5 hours a week so open world games usually last a little while. I'll take other suggestions also. 

FWIW, my favorite games are open world, RPG. Loved FO4, Horizon, FFXV, tW3 etc

4 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

So I'm about done with God of War. Just hunting valks and I think that'll be it. Debating my next. Would like something to last me until spring when FF VIIR is released. I've never played Far Cry games but they seem fun. Are they good? Would I need to play earlier games to understand 5? Debating between this and Days Gone. I only play like 4-5 hours a week so open world games usually last a little while. I'll take other suggestions also. 

FWIW, my favorite games are open world, RPG. Loved FO4, Horizon, FFXV, tW3 etc

I usually never recommend EA games but Jedi: Fallen order is pretty damn good (No MTX, and single player only) 

Far Cry 5 is a standalone game but it does have a sequel that picks up from one of it's ending out. I would avoid looking up that game because spoilers but both are solid, granted I never finished 5 and my friend barely played the sequel.

I just picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition that includes the season pass and came with a copy of Assassin's Creed III Remastered all for $29.99.  This is my first Assassin's Creed game.  I'm looking forward to it because the game seems like it is partly based around loot, which is awesome because I love games where you can have various types of loot (different armor pieces, weapons, etc).

10 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I usually never recommend EA games but Jedi: Fallen order is pretty damn good (No MTX, and single player only) 

Far Cry 5 is a standalone game but it does have a sequel that picks up from one of it's ending out. I would avoid looking up that game because spoilers but both are solid, granted I never finished 5 and my friend barely played the sequel.

Single player is all I do since I rarely play. I'll check it out! 

Can you play FC5 without having knowledge of the previous games?