Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 12/26/2017 at 7:47 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I have about 15 hours or so of Horizon: Zero Dawn left so I'll be in the market for something to hold me over until Days Gone is released. Suggestions on what to play?? The games I own now are: FF XV, CoD III, The Witcher 3, HZD, The Last of Us and I feel that's it. Those are the types of games I like. Feel free to give me recommendations. I don't care how long they've been out either. Hell, way I look at it, the older, the cheaper it is lol.  Was thinking of The Fractured: But Whole

Edit: I do not have PSN otherwise I'd be wasting my time playing Rocket League

Im working on, and trying to enjoy Horizon now. Finished Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3 and Mafia 3 before jumping into this game. Like all 3 better so far. All are open world, basically the same principle.  Far Cry 4 is my fav of the bunch, but theres never been better storytelling than Mafia 3.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im working on, and trying to enjoy Horizon now. Finished Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3 and Mafia 3 before jumping into this game. Like all 3 better so far. All are open world, basically the same principle.  Far Cry 4 is my fav of the bunch, but theres never been better storytelling than Mafia 3.

Not a fan of Horizon?? So far, it's up there as one of the more fun games I've ever played. I am enjoying it quite a bit to be honest. I'll look into those you suggested. Thanks!

I did just come across something called "Dying Light". Not the game you can get 100s of hours in but it does look good. Anyone ever played that?

32 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not a fan of Horizon?? So far, it's up there as one of the more fun games I've ever played. I am enjoying it quite a bit to be honest. I'll look into those you suggested. Thanks!

I did just come across something called "Dying Light". Not the game you can get 100s of hours in but it does look good. Anyone ever played that?

I just been playing horizon a couple days. Still havent figured out what all my character can do atm. And went strait on up to where you pass the mountain heading to Merdian or whatever. Now Im backtracking cause Im only level 12 and everything in front says 16. Currently stuck in the caldron where the machine is being built with the forcefield around it. 

Its decent enough so far though.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I just been playing horizon a couple days. Still havent figured out what all my character can do atm. And went strait on up to where you pass the mountain heading to Merdian or whatever. Now Im backtracking cause Im only level 12 and everything in front says 16. Currently stuck in the caldron where the machine is being built with the forcefield around it. 

There is a learning curve for sure but I found it easy enough to get around. I wouldn't be concerned w/ backtracking though since you'll be running around all the time anyway lol. The cauldrons were my favorite part. The final one, you'll be fighting a massive machine. That battle was a ton of fun for me. Hope it gets better for you.

9 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Dying Light is great. Story is a bit bland but the gameplay as fun as hell. Crafting weapons to slice down zombies with while parkouring around town? Sounds like a good time to me. The first nighttime you experience is one of the most heart pumping moments I've had in gaming. Definitely worth checking out.

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Dying Light is great. Story is a bit bland but the gameplay as fun as hell. Crafting weapons to slice down zombies with while parkouring around town? Sounds like a good time to me. The first nighttime you experience is one of the most heart pumping moments I've had in gaming. Definitely worth checking out.

Thanks for the brief review. Everyone says it's super easy though. Are there difficulty settings that can nullify that? I don't mind games being really easy but man, almost everyone said it in a thread I read lol. It does look like it'll be fun though.

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Thanks for the brief review. Everyone says it's super easy though. Are there difficulty settings that can nullify that? I don't mind games being really easy but man, almost everyone said it in a thread I read lol. It does look like it'll be fun though.

Must have been an early review you were reading because they have added both a Hard mode and a Nightmare mode. So there are plenty of different ways to play the game. Regardless, whatever difficulty you are on, the game can be most challenging at the beginning as you have no skills or weapons that are worth a damn. The problem at release was once you hit a certain point, the zombies werent even a threat. Thats changed with the difficulty sliders. It's a beautiful game, with a good progression system via a skill tree, with a parkour mechanic that rivals AC and Mirrors Edge. It's a different take on your typical zombie game and I loved it.

Edited by packerrfan74

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

Must have been an early review you were reading because they have added both a Hard mode and a Nightmare mode. So there are plenty of different ways to play the game. Regardless, whatever difficulty you are on the game can be most challenging at the beginning as you have no skills or weapons that are worth a damn. The problem at release was once you hit a certain point, the zombies werent even a threat. Thats changed with the difficulty sliders. It's a beautiful game, with a good progression system via a skill tree, with a parkour mechanic that rivals AC and Mirrors Edge. It's a different take on your typical zombie game and I loved it.

This is good to know. Thank you!

People did agree the first few missions were hard but after that, you could just one strike everything and it was a breeze. I'll definitely think about snagging it!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

This is something I struggled with this game. Level doesn't matter as much, it's just less perks and health, not damage. Weapons give more choices, but not damage.

It's absolutely vital you learn how to fight each creature. You can knock off certain parts to get rid of certain attacks. Know where and what they are weak to. Etc etc

13 hours ago, drd23 said:

Admittedly I've never played Dying Light, only seen some videos of others playing it, but it looked like it kinda needed to be played in co-op

I really enjoyed Dying Light.  It wasn't the open world zombie game we need, but I feel like it was the best zombie game I've ever played considering it incorporated some RPG elements to it.

So I must say, Ubisoft did a wonderful job on Assassins Creed Origins. A truly great game and a LEAP in the right direction. Good for them. I was really really happy with the game. It was stellar. 

And I'm playing Beyond Two Souls now and am disappointed I never heard people rave about it. The story is amazing and overall superior to the story in the last of us imo. It's mostly an interactive movie but there are so many elements to it. If anyone is interested in playing it, they never remastered it for ps4 in America but you can buy the two pack I got on Amazon from the U.K. of Beyond Two Souls remastered and it comes with Heavy Rain which I've never played. Totally worth the buy. 

Anyone have a PS4 Pro? I'm thinking about getting one, but want a few opinions before I do. I have an XB1 as well, but I'm looking at some of the PS exclusive games coming out in 2018 and I wanna get in on em (Shadow of the Collosus, Spiderman, GOW, Detroit: Become Human, Days Gone, Last of Us) to name a few lol. How are the 4K capabilities? That much better/different than a normal PS4 Slim? Should I wait? Any advice would be great