Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I'm just kidding, by the way.  Monster Hunter definitely isn't for everyone.  It's been around for such a long time, but became more 'mainstream' with this latest release.  It's a franchise that is worshiped in Japan and is newer for a lot of western players.

I just had a tough time with the combat. a) i wasn't good at it b) i wasn't getting better and c) i found it kind of ... boring. I think that was the biggest draw back about it for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I just had a tough time with the combat. a) i wasn't good at it b) i wasn't getting better and c) i found it kind of ... boring. I think that was the biggest draw back about it for me. 

I've found that MHW is one of those games that you either LOVE it, or you HATE it.  There's no in between, not even a meh.  I'm in the hate it camp.

Well, one of the drawbacks of the game is that it has a learning curve.  Some of the weapons are really difficult to learn to use.  For me personally, I only use Dual Blades.  It's a really fast and mobile weapon.  I've tried using the hammer once and I was absolutely terrible with it.  Also, certain monsters are very difficult to fight with certain weapons.

What hunter rank were you guys at around the time you quit playing?

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well, one of the drawbacks of the game is that it has a learning curve.  Some of the weapons are really difficult to learn to use.  For me personally, I only use Dual Blades.  It's a really fast and mobile weapon.  I've tried using the hammer once and I was absolutely terrible with it.  Also, certain monsters are very difficult to fight with certain weapons.

I honestly can't remember. Like I said I played for probably 5 hours, maybe a little less/more.

17 hours ago, showtime said:

I put in about 10-12 hours, of which I need all of them back.

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I don't remember Crash Bandicoot being so hard.

The remake is undoubtedly harder

Crash Bandicoot developer Vicarious Visions has confirmed the remaster is harder than the original after fans spent the past three weeks trying to work out why it feels different to play.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-18-dev-confirms-crash-bandicoot-is-harder-you-arent-imagining-it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Why would they make it harder? I just got it and it feels like bad hitboxes but I figured they were staying true to old ps1/2 gameplay.

Skimming an article linked in the one I linked to, it seems it may have something to do with the shape of the collision box in the Unity engine the new game is built on

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Skimming an article linked in the one I linked to, it seems it may have something to do with the shape of the collision box in the Unity engine the new game is built on

Yeah I read through it after asking, looks like the devs were just lazy and didn't care since the game was just a cash grab for them.