Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Im not much a gamer. Went months without until RDR2 came out. Loved that. Then Just Cause 4 came out, not as good as RDR2 but fun to play. Now starting Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Couple hours into it. And its made me realize just how good Just Cause 4 really is. Its all over top this Odyssey thing from what I can tell.

So if looking to have a giant world to run around, blow stuff up and nonstop gun fights. Just Cause 4 is for you.

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im not much a gamer. Went months without until RDR2 came out. Loved that. Then Just Cause 4 came out, not as good as RDR2 but fun to play. Now starting Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Couple hours into it. And its made me realize just how good Just Cause 4 really is. Its all over top this Odyssey thing from what I can tell.

So if looking to have a giant world to run around, blow stuff up and nonstop gun fights. Just Cause 4 is for you.

I thought Odyssey was brilliant. JC4 is a train wreck haha

24 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I love the JC games but I don't think I'd ever pay full price for them. 

JC3 is like $3 or something every time there’s a psn sale. Definitely worth it then but there’s nothing that could make me drop $60 on one

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Not everyone can be in to Gamecube style graphics and clunky gameplay. Which outside a good storyline. Is all Im finding with Odyssey so far.

Not sure why I’m gettin all defensy like a blowhard but I am an AC blowhard but here’s a still of AC Odyssey’s photo mode lol. GameCube graphics by golly. Are you playing fallout 76 on accident 

ksgPaq3.jpg

would you just look at the dog’s hair in the sunlight 

So I've said the next game I'd play was RDR2 but I've been playing FO4, solely, for like 10 months and still have a few to go. After reading the JC4 talk and watching a trailer, it looks like a good break from open world stuff and I can get more quantity in before I immerse myself into another seemingly endless game. Are they like Uncharted or LoU games where they're basically playable movies?? 

17 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

So I've said the next game I'd play was RDR2 but I've been playing FO4, solely, for like 10 months and still have a few to go. After reading the JC4 talk and watching a trailer, it looks like a good break from open world stuff and I can get more quantity in before I immerse myself into another seemingly endless game. Are they like Uncharted or LoU games where they're basically playable movies?? 

More like a crazy sandbox with a B movie action plot, they're fun games but they're mostly just for screwing around. 

I'd say they're closer to Far Cry if you've played that, than Uncharted or LoU.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

More like a crazy sandbox with a B movie action plot, they're fun games but they're mostly just for screwing around. 

I'd say they're closer to Far Cry if you've played that, than Uncharted or LoU.

Never played any FC games before so unfortunately I'm not sure of the comparison. What games would you recommend like those I suggested above? I really liked both of them a lot so I thought I'd stick with what's worked. 

44 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Never played any FC games before so unfortunately I'm not sure of the comparison. What games would you recommend like those I suggested above? I really liked both of them a lot so I thought I'd stick with what's worked. 

The closest thing to uncharted is Tomb Raider but that's a bit obvious, JC4 is by no means a bad game and it does have some good story bits i just consider it mostly a sandbox game. 

Far Cry comes pretty close, you'd have to scope out which one you want but they're all pretty close to the JC series. 

If you want something a bit different but has a good story and a lot of weird minigames, Yakuza 0 is pretty good (Steam,PS4). Oxenfree (All platforms) is also a weird game I always recommend, go in as blind as possible but just know it's a fun adventure game.  

The Max Payne series also comes to mind. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

The closest thing to uncharted is Tomb Raider but that's a bit obvious, JC4 is by no means a bad game and it does have some good story bits i just consider it mostly a sandbox game. 

Far Cry comes pretty close, you'd have to scope out which one you want but they're all pretty close to the JC series. 

If you want something a bit different but has a good story and a lot of weird minigames, Yakuza 0 is pretty good (Steam,PS4). Oxenfree (All platforms) is also a weird game I always recommend, go in as blind as possible but just know it's a fun adventure game.  

The Max Payne series also comes to mind. 

TBH, I've never played a Tomb Raider game lol. I almost bought it when they were having their huge online sale some time back and it was only $5! I probably should have. Thank you for the info!! I know you said go into Oxenfree blind but I did want to watch a trailer and that does look pretty interesting! In looking at HLTB, I can probably get it done in a weekend so I might have to scoop it. Trailer made the story seem pretty cool!

Thanks again!

• Like 1