Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

19 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm not going to be convinced Kingdom Hearts III is coming out until I actually have the game in my hand.  That game has been delayed and pushed back so many times, it's the only way to be xDxD

Is this the type of game you need to play the previous for? FF is probably my favorite series of all time and I've kicked the tires on getting this so many times but never did. I dont' think I can go back to my PS2 though. I know no one has played 3 but when you played 2, was it apparent you needed to play the first to understand the full story?

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Man, playing Diablo 3 on Xbox with some friends actually sounds fun.i bought the game a long time ago and loved playing through the campaign the first time but it quickly got boring. Does it have multi platform crossplay?

I’m not sure about crossover play, but if you’re on xbox and want to play hit me up, my Xbox name is the same as FF.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m not sure about crossover play, but if you’re on xbox and want to play hit me up, my Xbox name is the same as FF.

Nah I'm on PC, maybe I'll get a friend to get into it on Xbox and try it out. Do they have a version that comes with the expansion and DLC?

34 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I looked into crossplay for Destiny for PC/Xbox and sounds like it's unlikely. Since both games in the Blizzard realm, I doubt either gets crossplay unfortunately. 

Destiny has nothing to do with blizzard, its just that Activision publishes it for Bungie, and I'm not sure they are ultimately in charge of that over Bungie.

Crossplay is a relatively new thing for big titles but with fortnite kind of forcing it through sheer power of $$ I think it may become more common, especially for a game like D3, blizzard has nothing to lose as it would reinvigorate the game by increasing the playerbase by so much through connecting them all.

7 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Is this the type of game you need to play the previous for? FF is probably my favorite series of all time and I've kicked the tires on getting this so many times but never did. I dont' think I can go back to my PS2 though. I know no one has played 3 but when you played 2, was it apparent you needed to play the first to understand the full story?

I mean you've got 6 weeks before it drops, if you want to get into it now is the time. Entire collection of KH games is on PS4, at minimum I'd say KH1+KH2+Birth By Sleep are the must plays. (They're like 40-60 hours a piece) 

Not to mention all of the spinoff titles which are kind of necessary to the story, plus the movie and the mobile game but the movie basically explains the mobile game.

It's a mess to say the least, but IMO it's worth it because the story and games are all fun as hell.  

11 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Um, Kingdom Hearts is a pretty convoluted story line.  It spans over so long and there's been so many games on various different systems.  Most people who play don't know the intrinsic story line.

• Like 2