Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I got Diablo III on a Black Friday Deal from Microsoft, now if I could just find some time to play it.

It's a pretty fun game and runs great on console.  There's a big patch coming out for it around January 6th and the new season starting January 11th.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's a pretty fun game and runs great on console.  There's a big patch coming out for it around January 6th and the new season starting January 11th.

I might hop into the season stuff, but I'll actually play the game. I have it for PC as well, but I got it when it came out and they were just doing too many random patches to it to try and balance it that it was almost impossible to play.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

All I want is a massive game that mixes the RPG elements of Witcher 3 / Mass Effect with a tower defense game. 

There are a few good Tower D games that have some RPG elements, but they are probably more similar to Diablo/Loot style games. I don't think I've seen AAA TD games though.

32 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

There are a few good Tower D games that have some RPG elements, but they are probably more similar to Diablo/Loot style games. I don't think I've seen AAA TD games though.

Yeah, but I want a sweeping epic character driven RPG with incredible graphics and excellent gameplay with tower defense aspects.  Show me that game.  Or make it.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, but I want a sweeping epic character driven RPG with incredible graphics and excellent gameplay with tower defense aspects.  Show me that game.  Or make it.  Thanks.

I honestly want more asymmetric gameplay. I want to play a builder that builds the towers while I have friends play the heroes.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Fallout 4 with the new settlement defense DLC is probably the closest you’ll get 

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Fallout 4 with the new settlement defense DLC is probably the closest you’ll get 

The settlement defense Thing was very badly broken in Fallout 4, but yes, something like that.  Except with better characters.  

Maybe Fallout 5 expands on that because I loved that aspect of Fallout.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The settlement defense Thing was very badly broken in Fallout 4, but yes, something like that.  Except with better characters.  

Maybe Fallout 5 expands on that because I loved that aspect of Fallout.

Have you tried the new settlement defense DLC that came out very recently? Complete change from the vanilla settlement meta.