Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

14 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

So I've said the next game I'd play was RDR2 but I've been playing FO4, solely, for like 10 months and still have a few to go. After reading the JC4 talk and watching a trailer, it looks like a good break from open world stuff and I can get more quantity in before I immerse myself into another seemingly endless game. Are they like Uncharted or LoU games where they're basically playable movies?? 

JC4 is open world. But its more like Far Cry 5 than anything. Where you can dive into it for a half hour and get a lot done and pour through tons of action. RDR2 was more a game where Id wait for the kids to go to bed, and have to sit with a couple hours to amount to anything in the game.

The world is huge for it and looks pretty good (48gig worth to ACOs 18) But its not open world play, just strait up action play where the world is secondary like a Saints Row 3.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Jade set for Witch Doctor got buffed a crap ton.  It's arguably going to be the best set in the game for next season.  I've never really played WD much, but might give him a shot.  Demon Hunter and Wizard looking very strong as well.

You should start a diablo 3 thread, seems to have some renewed interest.

30 minutes ago, drd23 said:

What's wrong with Atlas?

It was suppose to be playable yesterday evening then as it was scheduled to launch they made a post on Twitter saying it wasn't ready and would be at least another 5 hours.

Now supposedly the build is finally done and they are testing now for release here within the next hour or so... We'll see. (Well I won't cause I'm going to sleep but whatevs)

48 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Watching Shroud play it right now and it looks like a re-skin of Ark.  Which is unsurprising given that it is so similar that there's actually a hidden Ark menu in Atlas xD

It is re-skinned ark, but there are a TON of differences plus they had another developer work on this. 

Ark was probably the foundation for it and they just tweaked it from a DLC expansion into a full fledged sequel.

33 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Is Atlas any good? I played Ark for a few weeks but man, that game was garbage. Network never worked and the 6 hour tames just made me quit. Who has time for that crap

The best way to play Ark is on a private server with like 10-20x rates and taming lasting maybe 15-30 mins, vanilla Ark is the worst.

If you didn't like Ark you're not gonna like Atlus which is re-skinned Ark but with Sea of Thieves/Black Flag slapped on top. 

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Atlas looks so bad. Shroud is playing it because he's getting paid to promote it, not because it's good. 

I think it looks pretty fun once you get past the server issues, it's only really bad when you're in a starter area once you get to another server grid performance smooths out.

I personally find all the people crapping on the game because of the server issues and bugs hilarious... You're basically playing a damn alpha build of an early release game that's going through it's first ever stress test for the servers (and getting absolutely hammered by players in the process)... If you didn't know it was going to be rough you're an idiot, lol.

I think a lot of people on steam really need to understand what an early release game is before they actually buy it.

A game that I don't think is getting it's due in terms of Game of the Year contention is Monster Hunter World.  That game is honestly amazing and very well made with endless replayability.  I know this year a ton of heavy weights came out - Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, Spider-Man, etc, but Monster Hunter World is truly a spectacular game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, showtime said:

A game that I don't think is getting it's due in terms of Game of the Year contention is Monster Hunter World.  That game is honestly amazing and very well made with endless replayability.  I know this year a ton of heavy weights came out - Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, Spider-Man, etc, but Monster Hunter World is truly a spectacular game.

Bought it. Played it for like 5 hours. Hated it. Didn't like combat at all. Selling it and starting over with something else. 

I know I am in the minority on this, but I just did not enjoy my time playing at all. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Bought it. Played it for like 5 hours. Hated it. Didn't like combat at all. Selling it and starting over with something else. 

I know I am in the minority on this, but I just did not enjoy my time playing at all. 

Me too. Could not get into it at all