Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

I’m just starting to get into Battlefield V, been playing the past few days. Honestly better than what I expected given its bad rap. 

I mostly play conquest but hopped onto a random TDM server. Ended up on a good squad with people who actually worked as a team. I figured I’d play until one of the other guys quit, after all it’s not every day you get a good squad of randoms. Two hours later one of them quit after a match and apparently we all had the same idea because the other 2 logged right before I did. Next time I go to play I’m sure I’m going to be stuck with some crud teammates. 

8 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I’m just starting to get into Battlefield V, been playing the past few days. Honestly better than what I expected given its bad rap. 

I mostly play conquest but hopped onto a random TDM server. Ended up on a good squad with people who actually worked as a team. I figured I’d play until one of the other guys quit, after all it’s not every day you get a good squad of randoms. Two hours later one of them quit after a match and apparently we all had the same idea because the other 2 logged right before I did. Next time I go to play I’m sure I’m going to be stuck with some crud teammates. 

Been playing again the last couple days. Doing the stuff for the unlocks on Frontlines, it's funny, either you lose as fast as possible, or you destroy the other team in two seconds it feels like. It used to be fine I thought, so maybe it's just run of bad luck. But these days BF is all about whether or not you are on the good team or not, in terms of fun. For me anyways.

43 minutes ago, Norm said:

Been playing again the last couple days. Doing the stuff for the unlocks on Frontlines, it's funny, either you lose as fast as possible, or you destroy the other team in two seconds it feels like. It used to be fine I thought, so maybe it's just run of bad luck. But these days BF is all about whether or not you are on the good team or not, in terms of fun. For me anyways.

There is definitely no middle ground for Frontlines. Closest Iv had to an even frontlines game is a decent battle for the middle flag. Then one team runs a train on the other. Overall I agree though I get frustrated on bad teams to the point it’s not fun. A lot of people just don’t even try to work together and it results in a train wreck of a game. 

I don’t really like how big the maps have gotten. Feel like it was more fun with smaller maps and less people. There’s so much going on that it’s tough to really keep track of it all.

27 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

There is definitely no middle ground for Frontlines. Closest Iv had to an even frontlines game is a decent battle for the middle flag. Then one team runs a train on the other. Overall I agree though I get frustrated on bad teams to the point it’s not fun. A lot of people just don’t even try to work together and it results in a train wreck of a game. 

I don’t really like how big the maps have gotten. Feel like it was more fun with smaller maps and less people. There’s so much going on that it’s tough to really keep track of it all.

I've seen Hamada go back and forth for an hour, just happened actually and we lost just running out of time towards the end. But every other map is just like you're saying. 

I'm with you on map sizes for sure. I mean I love BF and I love 64 players but it feels forced at some point to show OMG LOOK HOW BIG IT IS GUYZZZ. But that doesn't make it fun. I haven't actually played much CQ yet, I guess I should. Some of this other **** is too frantic for my old ***. Maybe that might feel a little more spread out over Frontlines or Breakthrough.

Actually was surprised how decently squad conquest played, plus I get two laugh at how many kills my mines get from tanks in it, they literally just go in circles so you get them every time, eventually. 

• Like 1

I played Witcher 3 years ago and loved it but playing it now it feels really clunky starting out and the camera distance/angle is so uncomfortably close I wish it was first person lol. Hopefully I can adjust to it so it isn’t quite as bad. 

33 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I played Witcher 3 years ago and loved it but playing it now it feels really clunky starting out and the camera distance/angle is so uncomfortably close I wish it was first person lol. Hopefully I can adjust to it so it isn’t quite as bad. 

I really wanted to like Witcher 3 but the combat is SO bad, and I hate the camera. If it was first person I probably would have loved it.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's fantastic so far, and probably the best in the series (have not played them all, but with overall consensus being Black Flag is probably the best, I feel safe in my assumption). 

I think the overall consensus is that 2 or Brotherhood are the best, or maybe that's just me. 

• Like 1