Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's fantastic so far, and probably the best in the series (have not played them all, but with overall consensus being Black Flag is probably the best, I feel safe in my assumption). 

I haven't played Origins or Odyssey yet (slowly working through the backlog) but I definitely feel that AC 2, Black Flag and Rogue are the top 3 for me.  From what I've heard, Origins and Odyssey will be in the top 5 for me, and likely rearrange the rankings some.   

One of the things I missed from Unity and Syndicate that were present in the previous games were the time spent exploring as Desmond.  They transitioned that over to being able to walk around the Abstergo offices exploring and doing other stuff, and that was all missing from Unity and Syndicate. 

44 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Can anyone recommend a good gaming headset that would work for both Xbox and PS4? And ideally one that won't cost me $100+.

Just Google "best budget gaming headsets" or something like that and I'm sure you'll find something under 100 that will work for both... But for under 100 idk how "good" they'll be.

Edit:

Actually scratch that I forgot since you're looking for something for console gaming you don't need to worry about it being wireless. You can get some of the Kingston hyperx models under 100 and they are solid.

I have the hyperx cloud revolvers... Not under 100 (I think the go for around 120 or 130 right now) and love them but you can get the hyperx cloud 2 which are also supposedly really good for like 95 on Amazon.

Both models have the detachable mic which is nice so you can use them as headphones when not gaming as well.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DawgX said:

Can anyone recommend a good gaming headset that would work for both Xbox and PS4? And ideally one that won't cost me $100+.

Astro A10 is easily the best headset in the ~$60 price range.

I don't know about Xbox, but I use the A10 with my PS4, and as my work teleconference headset. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

HyperX Cloud Alpha is $90 and is an amazing headset, so comfy.

@DawgX I got a HyperX Cloud 2 a couple months ago and it's phenomenal. Here is a ling to the camelcamelcamel page for it, so you see it can dip frequently in price. 

https://camelcamelcamel.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-HSCP-RD/product/B00SAYCXWG 

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm interested too. People are tearing it apart. If it's fun for 20-30 hours I might get it.

I would be in the same boat.  I also feel it's success is going to be tied very heavily into Bioware surviving (and getting another Mass Effect game) so I even thought of buying it just to support the developer, even though I hate what EA has done to them.  Moving up their timeline on Anthem was another bad decision.