Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

11 hours ago, showtime said:

How's everyone here liking Kingdom Hearts 3?

I didn't grow up playing them, but my wife and SIL did and are big fans.

I've only played up to getting to the second world with sora, but so far the Disney ride attacks, and the frequency of special attacks in general, are just taking away so much for me. The insane amount of cutscenes are also far too much, especially because this series has the worst and most convoluted story of any video game series ever. It's making it unexciting to keep playing for me. So far my wife seems to agree, but my SIL loves the game.

I'm sure it will get better as we get deeper in and unlock more stuff, so far the combat is really basic and not fun either because you start off with essentially no moves or combo abilities and that's making it harder to get into as well.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:17 PM, Outpost31 said:

Lol, really?  Because I sold Mass Effect for 40 dollars after spending 55 on it, I sold Conker's Bad Fur Day for literally 90 dollars more than I spent on it, I spent 10 dollars on Mario Party 1-3 and they're selling for a minimum of 50 online everywhere and I've frequently re-sold next gen games for 10-20 back to Gamestop.  How much profit have you ever gotten from a digital copy?

It's extremely simple math:

Digital = 0% return.

Physical = more than zero.  

If you care for your items the way a child does, yeah, you've got to worry about broken disks.  I have owned literally thousands of disks in my life and I have broken MAYBE one.  

you have to get up though to change games and put the right disc in.

and thats if you can find the disc. you have to open all the other disc cases because nobody puts it back in the right case, and finally you find the game in an old yoga dvd case, which is weird because you dont do yoga.

digital all the way

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

you have to get up though to change games and put the right disc in.

and thats if you can find the disc. you have to open all the other disc cases because nobody puts it back in the right case, and finally you find the game in an old yoga dvd case, which is weird because you dont do yoga.

digital all the way

I get up, walk three steps to the side of my TV stand where my PS4/XB1 is.  I push a button, out comes the disc, and I put it in the case (the case from that game I always keep next to the console.) . I walk another three steps to the shelf that has my games/movies on it, put that one away.  I pick another one, walk another three steps back, put that disc in, and then walk another three steps to sit down.  

Look, I get it too, I've started watching TV shows digitally (unless it's a collection I really like after the fact.) . I've also started watching movies digitally unless, again, it's something that I really like, or like displaying a collection.  But when you can get a game at launch, play through it and then return it and essentially spend $15 on it as @Outpost31said, it's a no-brainer.  Especially if you don't like the game, or the online doesn't have much redeeming quality (like ME3.)  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

i get up, walk three steps to the side of my TV stand where my PS4/XB1 is.  I push a button, out comes the disc, and I put it in the case (the case from that game I always keep next to the console.) . I walk another three steps to the shelf that has my games/movies on it, put that one away.  I pick another one, walk another three steps back, put that disc in, and then walk another three steps to sit down.  

sounds horrible.

35 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Woah, hey, hold up. ME3 MP is really freaking good. In fact, the next ME should just be MP so they can expand on it.

I played it a couple times and said to hell with it.  Solely a cash grab from EA because they want something besides the single-player modes making money for them. 

On 1/31/2019 at 1:27 PM, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, exactly.  It would make a modicum of sense if people were getting a discount on digital downloads, but they're not.  Paying the exact same amount of money for zero resale value whatsoever.  Considering very few people replay games more than once anyway, I really can't even... I can't even fathom who in their right mind would buy digital copies of games. 

I'm 100% physical, too. These digital-only people want to open the door for this: 

aa6KV29.png

and this:

I also like actually OWNING my games. And being able to resell/trade them if I see fit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I had no idea all that was true for Xbox.  There is literally no way I would ever buy one now.  If gaming gets to that point, well, I'm done with gaming. 

They got rid of that stuff after all the backlash and cancelled pre-orders, but yeah, an all-digital future would NOT be good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

They got rid of that stuff after all the backlash and cancelled pre-orders, but yeah, an all-digital future would NOT be good. 

Exactly.  My Kinect has been a nice bookend for my bookshelf.  Never used it at all, and not a fan of the digital future.  The only thing worse than the backlash for those features was the backlash for lootboxes in Battlefront II. 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Any of you played the Anthem demo? Not heard good things from my friends that have. 

I heard they had some server issues Day One during the VIP weekend last week, but did they have more issues this weekend?  

I'm being honest here, I want Bioware to have another shot at Mass Effect, to the point where I might buy Anthem at launch and never play it.  I have a feeling if this is an underwhelming game, EA is going to tear Bioware apart or shutter it entirely.  

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I played it a couple times and said to hell with it.  Solely a cash grab from EA because they want something besides the single-player modes making money for them. 

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt EA mostly wanted it for more money, but I'm serious when I say it's a legitmately good MP. It has interesting enemies, a crap ton of ways to play (different characters and weapons make each game feel different), and a good balance of challenge while still feeling doable.

It definitely sucks that the only way to unlock things was through lootboxes, but otherwise it's pretty damn good. 

The base classes and weapons are actually fine, but they don't look as cool lol.

Yall are missing the best part of digital though for Xbox users. GameShare. My brother and I have our accounts linked so when a new $60 game comes out that we both want.. it's $30 for both of us. Gameshare also shares DLC, the only things it doesnt share are preorder benefits. $30 for RDR2.. may not be a game I play a bunch in the future, but if I ever get the itch to ride a ******* horse around the Wild West, I'm not gonna have to take a trip to red box or purchase the game again. Digital has its benefits.