Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:
16 hours ago, MathMan said:

Especially if you play on survival and dont like the enemies to be bullet sponges.

Thanks!

But the enemies are squishy on survival?

.75% damage out from player.

I know a mod that fixes the damage.

I go x3 for damage in and damage out

Edited by MathMan

Well, it looks like we're in for another long, messy year of MTXs, folks: Metal Gear Survive, AKA the Metal Gear game that nobody wanted or asked for will require an always-online connection and have microtransactions.

Like we needed any more reason not to buy this joke of a Metal Gear game. It's almost as if Konami wants this game to fail.

Then again, this IS the Japanese EA we're talking about. They haven't even hit rock bottom, they're drilling through the center of the earth at this point. 

Edited by KManX89

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

Since so many people said horizon zero dawn was incredible and the best game of all time, I've paid attention to any and all flaws and there are tons. This game is average at best. 

Every game has a ton of flaws. People spaz off about the Witcher a ton but it's got a bunch of problems.

If you don't like it that's cool dude.

15 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

The plots get really messy when players have choice in the direction of the main plots. They should just ditch that stuff for a tighter story. A well written linear main quest is always going to be better than the illusion of player choice. 

Bethesda has never done anything with KOTOR or Star Wars. The first KOTOR was a masterpiece for RPG and Star Wars fans. Granted I haven't played it since the original Xbox but I don't recall many bugs in it either. It was made by Bioware before EA acquired them.

I am in heavy agreement with this.

The problem is Bethesda RPGs have expectations. And even the slightest changes cause people to go ape-S***

For instance Bethesda, after complaints about Skyrim and FO3s story, decided to get more rigid. They added a voiced protagonist and simplified the dialog options.

People of course went crazy and complained up and down about it. But in truth it's not different then nearly every other RPG out there these days. 

Some people don't like change. The main complaint they had with FO4 was the lack of general freedom compared to other games.

There needs to be an RPG where there are actual consequences and where there is real choice and that if you eff up on choices, your ending legitimately sucks.  Like a Dark Souls version of player decisions in an RPG. 

The original Mass Effect trilogy flirted with it, but didn't deliver.
The Witcher had that possibility, but you'd really have to eff everything and purposefully give yourself a bad ending. 

Speaking of RPGs, which one should I go to after I become a millionaire and finish all the expansion stuff in Fallout 4? 

I'm thinking of buying a Switch for the Zelda game, but I've never really loved Zelda, and I'd like something more like a Mass Effect or Witcher type RPG.  Are there any hyped ones coming soon? 

Zelda is like a dumbed down (in terms of RPG elements) version of The Witcher for kids, but superior in game engine and open world creativity. I hesitate to say it's worth buying a console just for that, but I feel like it's a game everyone should play at some point. Iit was the first game since GTAIII that took the open world genre to another level for me.

Edited by Mossburg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

What are your biggest gripes?

Biggest one is you can't climb anything unless you find the perfect preset climb spot. Really really annoying and ps2 esque. Gives me a headache running around for a half hour just trying to find the vague climbing spot. And if a rock is like 3 feet high there's no way to climb over it. Just really really dumb. 

Alloy only says like 2 sentences when she forages for medicinal herbs and all that stuff and she says it all over and over and over and over again  

Only being able to save at campsites is lame and also ps2 esque

Moving around isn't at all fluid, I try on occasion to leap away from danger but it like pins me and doesn't let me move and then I'm back at my campsite 2 miles away. Just really stiff 

there are locked parts of areas where you can't go, like a gate you can't jump over even though there's nothing there or a mountain path it doesn't want you to commit suicide on, it wouldnt even let you jump over the small barrier. Minor complaint but still makes it feel like bowling with gutter blocks.

character has no situational awareness, won't grab ledges if she is about to fall. Get too close to the edge and you'll just randomly plummet to your death  

Just has an overall last gen feel to it. Everyone being head over heels is what made me dislike it the most because it made me expect greatness. 

It justfeels like a more handicapped version of far cry but with robots. 

The only reason this game gets so many passes for all the hindering in it is because it wasn't made by Ubisoft

Edited by Tyty
Grammar
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Biggest one is you can't climb anything unless you find the perfect preset climb spot. Really really annoying and ps2 esque. Gives me a headache running around for a half hour just trying to find the vague climbing spot. And if a rock is like 3 feet high there's no way to climb over it. Just really really dumb. 

Alloy only says like 2 sentences when she forages for medicinal herbs and all that stuff and she says it all over and over and over and over again  

Only being able to save at campsites is lame and also ps2 esque

Moving around isn't at all fluid, I try on occasion to leap away from danger but it like pins me and doesn't let me move and then I'm back at my campsite 2 miles away. Just really stiff 

there are locked parts of areas where you can't go, like a gate you can't jump over even though there's nothing there or a mountain path it doesn't want you to commit suicide on, it wouldnt even let you jump over the small barrier. Minor complaint but still makes it feel like bowling with gutter blocks.

character has no situational awareness, won't grab ledges if she is about to fall. Get too close to the edge and you'll just randomly plummet to your death  

Just has an overall last gen feel to it. Everyone being head over heels is what made me dislike it the most because it made me expect greatness. 

It justfeels like a more handicapped version of far cry but with robots. 

The only reason this game gets so many passes for all the hindering in it is because it wasn't made by Ubisoft

I always didn't like the climbing thing either but then I thought about it; would you like to climb everywhere w/ no guidance or would you rather be directed towards your goal?? You could endlessly be climbing to no where if you didn't know where to go. So while I get it, I dont' agree w/ it anymore.

I can see why the other stuff is gripes. I can't say it effects me that much aside from the occasional nuisance. My biggest thing was the slow ability to look around while aiming. That was extremely annoying and tough to get used to when fighting Glinthawks. Really though, I found the game to be spectacular and after putting 88 hours into it, I still wish I had more to do. It's a lot of fun for me.