Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, oldman9er said:

aside from a handful of attempts, seems we have been very ineffective running up the middle. 

Game flow plays a role, but if this happens in the future, I would like to see us run more wide receiver runs to the outside. Bring Goodwin / Deebo or whomever in motion and just hand it off. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I can't even remember the amount of games we lost last year with a late lead where the defense gave up a late score.

Can they hold here? Spent that 1st round pick on Bosa and traded for Ford for situations like this one. 

Always feel bad for defenses in this situation. They've done their job beautifully today. Offense has not helped at all, but huge proving ground for them rigth now. 

Just now, Forge said:

Game flow plays a role, but if this happens in the future, I would like to see us run more wide receiver runs to the outside. Bring Goodwin / Deebo or whomever in motion and just hand it off. 

it could def open things up for potential rb handoffs to use motion like that. WE have WR speed that should be feared.

• Like 2

Just now, oldman9er said:

no one should kid themselves... that does play a huge part

I get it.  It's like the elephant in the room, though.  But, if the rule is to prevent overall injuries, it should be called that way.  In practice, however, it's really to prevent injuries to quarterbacks.  Just wish they'd admit it.