Broncos @ Raiders Week 1 GDT

agarcia34

1 hour ago, Totty said:

He needs certain things around him to be successful.  We are now seeing what he can do when given time, and open targets given a system he now has two years in.  I think that from here on out, he will look overall like the Pro Bowl style QB we saw in 2016, pre-injury.  He is now healthy.  Looks like bookends at T.  So he knows he'll be well taken care of.  Has a reliable if not #1 guy in Willams.  A pretty decent looking TE in Waller and a backfield that is no joke.  At least given this first game.  Time will tell what happens, but I think that we can be excited going forward.  Von is one of those guys that we used to say "will get his" and just kind of accepted it.  Last Monday night, he didn't.  I accept that.  

Not much has changed from when Carr was great and then became bad except for the injuries and blocking scheme for Lynch.  That is why this year was such a measuring stick because he had no excuses until the AB circus came to town but I am not going to argue much if any of what you stated.  The only thing I do not agree with is the time to throw.  He was still getting rid of the ball quickly but looked confident and comfortable.  Looks like a possible Gannon type situation where he was lost last year but has it now.  I only saw him panic once and not make a good decision which was a good sign for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Not much has changed from when Carr was great and then became bad except for the injuries and blocking scheme for Lynch.  That is why this year was such a measuring stick because he had no excuses until the AB circus came to town but I am not going to argue much if any of what you stated.  The only thing I do not agree with is the time to throw.  He was still getting rid of the ball quickly but looked confident and comfortable.  Looks like a possible Gannon type situation where he was lost last year but has it now.  I only saw him panic once and not make a good decision which was a good sign for me.

Agreed.  I don't know if I even remember that panic play.  I really think from here on out he really looks like the guy we drafted him to be.  QBs need consistency.  DC is finally getting that.  

46 minutes ago, Totty said:

Agreed.  I don't know if I even remember that panic play.  I really think from here on out he really looks like the guy we drafted him to be.  QBs need consistency.  DC is finally getting that.  

Its almost like when your QB has inconsistent schemes, poor pass blocking, injuries, and inconsistent receiving groups, he won't play as well.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Not sure where else to put this. But i know some people care about this stat for Carr. So i thought I would share.

Carr had 5th highest y/a for week 1 @ 9.96 

He had 9.2 against the Broncos last year with 91% completion as well in Week 2, one of the best games of his career by far and probably his overall second best game of the season behind the Colt game.

He fell off a cliff for Week 3 with a brutal stretch of poor play though. Around seven games in a row of being the worst QB in the league in total air yards.

Hopefully this year he can actually build off the momentum.