Broncos @ Raiders Week 1 GDT

agarcia34

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

When I saw Conley carted off I thought for sure that was his season, maybe career. Happy to hear he's doing ok.

I thought he just got rocked.  Abram's leg looked like a tree flying at the top of his head.  I'm super glad to hear that everything is looking positive so far.  Hopefully he's able to come back 100% very soon.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, Geezy said:

you pessimistic? nah, never...

I hope the Raiders stick with the formula from our last game vs Denver and just pound the rock. Slow down that pass rush and wear em out with our huge OL and stable of backs. I need 200+ rush yards this week. 

24-17 Raiders 

almost...great team win!

39 minutes ago, Totty said:

Crazy what real weapons and experience will do for a guy.... 

Carr has had weapons and good seasons where he has understood the offence this well.  He still did not have a Y/A close to that.  It is one game so it cold have been that is what the defense gave him, Waller and Williams do not need as long for plays to develop, or we had a lot of yards after the catch to name a few.  Saw a stat that said Carr still threw it on average in 2.3 seconds.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Carr has had weapons and good seasons where he has understood the offence this well.  He still did not have a Y/A close to that.  It is one game so it cold have been that is what the defense gave him, Waller and Williams do not need as long for plays to develop, or we had a lot of yards after the catch to name a few.  Saw a stat that said Carr still threw it on average in 2.3 seconds.

He needs certain things around him to be successful.  We are now seeing what he can do when given time, and open targets given a system he now has two years in.  I think that from here on out, he will look overall like the Pro Bowl style QB we saw in 2016, pre-injury.  He is now healthy.  Looks like bookends at T.  So he knows he'll be well taken care of.  Has a reliable if not #1 guy in Willams.  A pretty decent looking TE in Waller and a backfield that is no joke.  At least given this first game.  Time will tell what happens, but I think that we can be excited going forward.  Von is one of those guys that we used to say "will get his" and just kind of accepted it.  Last Monday night, he didn't.  I accept that.