WEEK 1 @ OAK TOWN

BullsandBroncos

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Rookie nerves.  Leary is worse because he’s a goner next year.  

It’s not nerves. I know what nerves look like. He will have his moments I’m sure but will never live up to the billing. Wish Hockenson fell to 10 Denver was apparently staying and picking him if he did. Ifs and buts 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

It’s not nerves. I know what nerves look like. He will have his moments I’m sure but will never live up to the billing. Wish Hockenson fell to 10 Denver was apparently staying and picking him if he did. Ifs and buts 

Well you know I'd have stayed at 10 and taken your boy Haskins.  But I'm just saying you can't pass judgment this quickly.  It's just emotions seeing how bad we are as a squad overall.

• Like 1

Just now, Broncofan said:

Well you know I'd have stayed at 10 and taken your boy Haskins.  But I'm just saying you can't pass judgment this quickly.  It's just emotions seeing how bad we are as a squad overall.

Nope. I felt this after watching some camp footage and preseason. And this is a guy who drafted him in a dynasty league before he was a Bronco. 

8 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Try a 64 yard field goal off the dirt? 

Do we think a 50 yard hail mary was any better?   It missed by 2-3 yards.   I don't think we can fault Fangio not like Flacco has time to throw it 50 yards.

What we can ding Fangio for - AWFUL clock management on that 2 min drill.  That was downright embarrassing on BOTH Flacco and Fangio.   Vet coach and vet QB.   ZERO excuses there.

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Do we think a 50 yard hail mary was any better?   It missed by 2-3 yards.   I don't think we can fault Fangio not like Flacco has time to throw it 50 yards.

What we can ding Fangio for - AWFUL clock management on that 2 min drill.  That was downright embarrassing on BOTH Flacco and Fangio.   Vet coach and vet QB.   ZERO excuses there.

I was asking before the call was made, maybe there was a delay in the post appearing. I was asking almost rhetorically  if that was an option worth trying. I wasn’t questioning the decision after it was made. 

Welp. I've seen enough. Every season it's the same story. We hear reports out of camp at how much more focused the players are, and you hear words like accountability, effort, fundamentals etc. Then there's the inevitable hype that follows during the preseason. Then the actual season starts. And you get 52 guys who come out and act like they don't give a flying f***. I've seen D2 college teams that look more disciplined and fundamentally sound. Von Miller is clearly not a leader. Neither is Chris Harris, or Joe Flacco or anyone else on this team. Because if they were, we wouldn't still be trotting out this hammered dog sh*t every god damn season, and acting like we're just one or two key pieces away from a championship. They're delusional. This isn't going to get better until they clean house from John Elway all the way down to the water boy.