Week 1 non-Viking games

vike daddy

I'm a little concerned with just how well Green Bay's run defense played. 46 total rushing yards (albeit Chicago should've definitely run the ball more) and 3.1 YPC is pretty good, and a marked improvement from 2018.

With the Bears being an overall better defensive unit and the improvements Detroit has made against the run the NFC North might have 4 of the top 10 run defenses.

1 hour ago, Nozizaki said:

I'm a little concerned with just how well Green Bay's run defense played. 46 total rushing yards (albeit Chicago should've definitely run the ball more) and 3.1 YPC is pretty good, and a marked improvement from 2018.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They needed to run the ball more, not sure they'll win many games with Trubisky dropping back 45 times a game. 

• Like 2

Trubisky capped a brutal night by throwing an interception to former Bears safety Adrian Amos in the end zone at the two-minute warning. The Bears were down seven and at the Packers’ 16-yard line — it’s as close as they got to the opposing end zone all night.

The team squandered their last shot at a score. Inheriting the ball at his own 14 with 1:33 left and down seven, Trubisky threw a two-yard pass, two incompletions and took a sack.

Trubisky went 26-for-45 for 228 yards and one interception. He was sacked five times and had a 62.1 passer rating. The Bears had 10 penalties for 107 yards, including two delay of game calls five plays apart. The offense was out of sync the entire game, and wasted a defensive effort the other 31 NFL teams would kill for.

The offense was booed off the field in the second, third and fourth quarters.

“To our fans, they have every right to boo — every right to boo,” Nagy said. “We get it. . . . They deserve better, and that’s what we need to do.”

Nagy later called the Bears’ offensive performance “absolutely terrible” and “unacceptable.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019/9/5/20852265/bears-packers-10-3-loss-mitch-trubisky-aaron-rodgers-100th-season-ugly-matt-nagy-rivalry

1 hour ago, Nozizaki said:

With the Bears being an overall better defensive unit and the improvements Detroit has made against the run the NFC North might have 4 of the top 10 run defenses.

I'm not concerned, especially once they play a team that actually wants to run the ball...oh wait, that's next week.  xD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I for one, love outdoor football. But as a fan, I love inside stadiums when I go to games.

Oh God very much so.

I was in Texas for the 2 years the Vikes were at TCF Bank so my dad found someone to buy my half of our season tickets.

I went to ONE game when visiting home and went to the Vikings/Packers game Monday night game. I think it was 31 degrees at kickoff and low 20's by the end.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Indoors all the way. I don't have to prove how tough I am by wearing a t-shirt and being miserable for 4 hours.

• Like 1