FA 2020

drfrey13

59 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like we are letting Kizer and Glennon walk. 

The entire QB will be made over. That's obvious. Glennon is a mediocre back up and Kizer has failed with 2 teams. Cut out of camp by the Packers last season. Why anyone here thought he offered anything is beyond me. 

Peterman is still reviving his career I guess? lol

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

The entire QB will be made over. That's obvious. Glennon is a mediocre back up and Kizer has failed with 2 teams. Cut out of camp by the Packers last season. Why anyone here thought he offered anything is beyond me. 

Peterman is still reviving his career I guess? lol

The problem with resigning Peterman is he is a RFA and even the Lowest tender has a cap charge of 2.144m.  If we resign him, I’d have to believe we’ve waived us RFA tender and then signed him to a near minimum deal (maybe he gets a $100k work out bonus).  
I know Kizer isn’t the answer but I don’t think we cut him prior to camp.  Give him a look in camp and then release.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The more I see of Tafur the more I feel he’s Making stuff up just to generate content.  We just restructured Joyner and he’s moving to FS.  There’s no way we can afford Justin Simmons and Joyner. Obviously we’d love to have him and it weakens Denver but it’s not a plausible more and everyone knows that.

"HE IS MOVING TO FS." 

Jon? Is that you? Or Mr. Mayock?

You can't say that for certain one way of the other. Gruden gushed about Joyner being a Ronde Barber type elite slot corner less then 12 months ago. I don't think he is elite at anything to be honest but he is a better fit at S but I just don't see if happening based on the evidence at hand. 

I’m only reciting what I heard, like everyone else does.  Maybe I should have said “rumor is he’s moving to FS”.  It still doesn’t chance much.  we can’t afford him.  We have too big a need at CB to spend that type of money.

i hate to repeat myself to the extent I have but we’re not as cap rich as everyone thinks.  We’d be lucky to resign some guys and get 2 top FAs and 2 mid level ones.  Safety is low low on the list of needs.

Edited by jimkelly02

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m only reciting what I heard, like everyone else does.  Maybe I should have said “rumor is he’s moving to FS”.  It still doesn’t chance much.  we can’t afford him.  We have too big a need at CB to spend that type of money.

i hate to repeat myself to the extent I have but we’re not as cap rich as everyone thinks.  We’d be lucky to resign some guys and get 2 top FAs and 2 mid level ones.  Safety is low low on the list of needs.

The speculation started when guenther gave a vague answer about the secondary. He never said he is moving to FS he said all options will be evaluated at every position in the secondary. 

Now we have 51 million dollars after restructuring Joyner. Hudson and Brown are next to restructure saving 7.8M and 13.6M against the cap.

Now you are looking at 73 million. The Cap is easy to manipulate. 

Trade for Slay (19 and 80, and 92) for Slay and 35) and that gives us 60M with 45 players returning from last years roster. 

Sign Chris Jones for 18M, Cory Littleton for 15M and Justin Simmons for 12M.

Gives us 15M in cap space with 48 people on the roster and only real "holes" are MLB and WR1. 

Draft if Simmons isn't there at 12 then take Juedy/Ruggs/Lamb. Then if Queen is falling  Trade 35 and 81 into the end of 1st and get Queen.

Ferrell-Jones-Hankin-Crosby

Littleton-Queen-Whitehead

Slay-Mullen-Joyner-Simmons-Abram

Add a year of progression from the offense and adding in Juedy/Ruggs/Lamb.

Edited by OG_C2X

31 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what about PJ Walker as backup QB. Would be a nice to have a different type of QB on the depth chart

I don’t think you want your backup to play differently than your starter that way you won’t have to change the offense too much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

The speculation started when guenther gave a vague answer about the secondary. He never said he is moving to FS he said all options will be evaluated at every position in the secondary. 

Now we have 51 million dollars after restructuring Joyner. Hudson and Brown are next to restructure saving 7.8M and 13.6M against the cap.

Now you are looking at 73 million. The Cap is easy to manipulate. 

Trade for Slay (19 and 80, and 92) for Slay and 35) and that gives us 60M with 45 players returning from last years roster. 

Sign Chris Jones for 18M, Cory Littleton for 15M and Justin Simmons for 12M.

Gives us 15M in cap space with 48 people on the roster and only real "holes" are MLB and WR1. 

Draft if Simmons isn't there at 12 then take Juedy/Ruggs/Lamb. Then if Queen is falling  Trade 35 and 81 into the end of 1st and get Queen.

Ferrell-Jones-Hankin-Crosby

Littleton-Queen-Whitehead

Slay-Mullen-Joyner-Simmons-Abram

Add a year of progression from the offense and adding in Juedy/Ruggs/Lamb.

That’s actually a fabulous on the fly mock! I know we bust each other’s balls often but that really is the best mock I’ve seen so far.

i don’t like every aspect of it aka slay trade but as a whole it’s great.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like Whitehead is gone. 

Good. I never cared for him. Terrible in coverage, okay in run support. Always talking a big game and then getting left flat footed in the dust in coverage. 

Happy to see the LB unit is going to get an overhaul finally. 

• Like 1