FA 2020

drfrey13

10 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

The way I look at it we only have 6-8 roster spots available. And 5 picks in the top 92. 

So you think we should trade up or at least trade around and get higher picks but less picks?

i wouldn’t be opposed to this.  At all!  I’d be okay moving back from 19 depending on whose available and or moving up from our current 3rd round slots.

maybe trade from 19 to 25-35 and then up from 80 and get 2 2nd’s in the end?

round 2 is the sweet spot for CBs 

49 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

So you think we should trade up or at least trade around and get higher picks but less picks?

i wouldn’t be opposed to this.  At all!  I’d be okay moving back from 19 depending on whose available and or moving up from our current 3rd round slots.

maybe trade from 19 to 25-35 and then up from 80 and get 2 2nd’s in the end?

Yes. I even thought about trading 19 to PIT for the 2020 RD2 and their 2021 RD1. Then packaging PIT RD2 and #80 and moving up to the beginning of the 2nd and taking Winefield Jr. then watching how the board falls, if a CB like Jaylon Johnson is falling, we should look into trading the other 2 3rds for another late 2nd and pick up the CB that is falling. 

Gruden hates 3rd round picks anyway lol

Edited by OG_C2X

11 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Yes. I even thought about trading 19 to PIT for the 2020 RD2 and their 2021 RD1. Then packaging PIT RD2 and #80 and moving up to the beginning of the 2nd and taking Winefield Jr. then watching how the board falls, if a CB like Jaylon Johnson is falling, we should look into trading the other 2 3rds for another late 2nd and pick up the CB that is falling. 

Gruden hates 3rd round picks anyway lol

Have you sent these great ideas to Mayock yet?  Love them!

Checks all my boxes for what I want from this draft::

* we get Lamb/Jeudy@12

* get a ‘21 high pick,,,, We’re spoiled by heavy drafts the last 2 years and don’t want to go back 

* trade up to get a CB in round 2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I don’t think we need a safety that bad. Another for depth, but I’m fine with Harris and Abram as starters 

IIRC we were targeting Anthony Harris but he got franchise tagged and we've been linked to Damarious Randall. I could see us targeting a safety in round 3, someone like Ashtyn Davis, Jeremy Chinn, or Kyle Dugger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

So you think we should trade up or at least trade around and get higher picks but ...

...maybe trade from 19 to 25-35 and then up from 80 and get 2 2nd’s in the end?

Pick whomever we're highest on at 12 or 19 (preferably 12 obviously) and trade the other for a 2nd and 3rd/4th (whatever value we want to say is best). Package 2 3rds to jump back into the end of round 2. 

J. Johnson @ CB in round 2. Could still probably grab a solid S or LB or even WR depending on what we do in rd 1 with the other 2nd rounder. Keep a 3rd or 2 for some depth pieces/luxury picks (I really like Michael Pittman in the 3rd). 

I'm thinking Ruggs/Lamb at 12

Johnson/S or LB in the 2nd

Pittman/O-line/RB in the 3rd/4th 

Take your pick depth pick in rd 5.

I'd like to think that's at least doable adds some serious depth at WR with Williams and Renfrow and whoever else we keep. Mullens, Apple, Johnson is fairly comfortable. I really like Winfield or Davis in rd 2 at S. LB can probably be had in the 3rd or so (move some decisions around). Maybe a Zack Moss or Cam Akers or someone hangs around to round 3. 

Guess we really just need to see how FA pans out before diving too deep into wish lists though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC we were targeting Anthony Harris but he got franchise tagged and we've been linked to Damarious Randall. I could see us targeting a safety in round 3, someone like Ashtyn Davis, Jeremy Chinn, or Kyle Dugger. 

If we land Randall, I think we can possibly see how the field plays out and grab a S in the 4th tbh. 

Davis in the 3rd would be extremely enticing though. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Pick whomever we're highest on at 12 or 19 (preferably 12 obviously) and trade the other for a 2nd and 3rd/4th (whatever value we want to say is best). Package 2 3rds to jump back into the end of round 2. 

J. Johnson @ CB in round 2. Could still probably grab a solid S or LB or even WR depending on what we do in rd 1 with the other 2nd rounder. Keep a 3rd or 2 for some depth pieces/luxury picks (I really like Michael Pittman in the 3rd). 

I'm thinking Ruggs/Lamb at 12

Johnson/S or LB in the 2nd

Pittman/O-line/RB in the 3rd/4th 

Take your pick depth pick in rd 5.

I'd like to think that's at least doable adds some serious depth at WR with Williams and Renfrow and whoever else we keep. Mullens, Apple, Johnson is fairly comfortable. I really like Winfield or Davis in rd 2 at S. LB can probably be had in the 3rd or so (move some decisions around). Maybe a Zack Moss or Cam Akers or someone hangs around to round 3. 

Guess we really just need to see how FA pans out before diving too deep into wish lists though.

I’d be with all that.  Luckily we filled a lot of wholes in defense with FA and with our 5 day 1+2 picks we will likely be able to fill the remaining major holes at WR and CB and lesser holes at S, RB2, SAM LB, etc by moving around the draft board and targeting certain players we like.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we land Randall, I think we can possibly see how the field plays out and grab a S in the 4th tbh. 

Has Randall had much of a market outside of us? Haven't heard much.

44 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think we'd be fine with Abram, Randall, Harris, and Heath. Especially because Joyner can also play safety as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think we'd be fine with Abram, Randall, Harris, and Heath. Especially because Joyner can also play safety as well. 

If really like us to sign another FA and fill one more hole.  Safety is probably the cheapest hole to fill and Randall would be a nice addition.

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

If really like us to sign another FA and fill one more hole.  Safety is probably the cheapest hole to fill and Randall would be a nice addition.

Seriously. We've been "in" on every DB and signed 2 that aren't world-beaters. Hopefully, we can get at least 2 more DB's in the room before the draft.