FA 2020

drfrey13

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This has been obvious, but doesn't mean it's smart. He was terrible in that role last year, so why keep trying to put a square peg in a round hole? 

Winning organizations tailor the position based on the players skill set. 

Everyone and their mother wants clamoring over a sound bite from PG and Vic reported he was going to play FS. 

Joyner was not terrible. He was not good. 

• Like 1

Trying to force a player is fit a system is not what winning organizations do and it doesn’t build a winning organization. 

it’s being stubborn and being stubborn and realizing that player A cannot fit into a certain role. Saying he was not terrible when he was absolutely terrible is laughable.

Legit feel bad for a player like Nixon who really wont get a chance to fight for that role because they’re so set on Joyner. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Totty said:

I'd argue that we let Slay and Jones go by, Dunbar go by (for a 5th) etc.  It's like we went after CB 1-3 but not after CB 4-5 When we didn't land one of the top three.  Grabbing a CB to pair with Mullen would literally transform our draft.  

We offered Jones $17M per year which is more than what Miami gave him, they just structured his deal so that he’d make $20M over the next two seasons. We legit offered him the richest contract for a CB in NFL history. 

We would’ve had to have given up two picks plus pay Slay a king’s ransom. I like Slay but I personally don’t think he’s worth the contract he got. 

Dunbar would’ve been nice but he’s seeking a fat extension. Not sure how that would’ve all played out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t expect much improvement. 

I was hoping at Pick 91 we pick Darnay Holmes or Amik Robertson. Both will be solid nickel corners imo. Groom them for a year and send Joyner packing after 2020, unless he is leaps and bounds better. 

Oh love me some Robertson. Watched a lot of Holmes in PAC12 and boy was he underwhelming considering the hype. Hope he can put it all together because he has the tools and then some.