Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

Seeing as he had less than a week of practice with NE, that was a good start. Clearly Brady is going to target him a lot. Yesterday it almost seemed like he was forcing it to him a bit too much, though that could be about getting Brown up to speed with the offense as quickly as possible.

I highly doubt that both AB and Gordon will make it through the entire season, but man, if they do, this offense looks incredible.

59 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Seeing as he had less than a week of practice with NE, that was a good start. Clearly Brady is going to target him a lot. Yesterday it almost seemed like he was forcing it to him a bit too much, though that could be about getting Brown up to speed with the offense as quickly as possible.

I highly doubt that both AB and Gordon will make it through the entire season, but man, if they do, this offense looks incredible.

Yeah, I’m guessing that New England was essentially using the Dolphins game as a preseason matchup to get Brady/Brown in game reps with each other against NFL competition in a game that didn’t really matter (because they were so far beyond in talent and preparation).

So in such a scenario forcing the ball puts tape on for their next matchup for teams to over examine tendencies that they aren’t likely to replicate in other games against quality opponents (forcing the ball), while also affording increased time to get on the same page as QB/WR. 

Edited by diamondbull424

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah, I’m guessing that New England was essentially using the Dolphins game as a preseason matchup to get Brady/Brown in game reps with each other against NFL competition in a game that didn’t really matter (because they were so far beyond in talent and preparation).

So in such a scenario forcing the ball puts tape on for their next matchup for teams to over examine tendencies that they aren’t likely to replicate in other games against quality opponents (forcing the ball), while also affording increased time to get on the same page as QB/WR. 

Yep. It also gives the Patriots game film to see how Brown is absorbing the playbook. How precise his routes are, how his timing is, and so on. As idiotic as AB's text messages make him look, he is still very football smart. From all reports, he started picking up the playbook quickly.

I honestly still can't believe this guy is on the Patriots.

• Like 1

This is becoming worse and worse for the league.  The sexual misconduct itself is disturbing enough, but why you gotta keep stiffing the poor souls who work for you?  Seriously, is his longterm plan to keep his money just not pay anybody?  I feel bad for these people who have gotten themselves mixed up with a dude who continually doesnt pay his bills.

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Even if this is satire, its gross. 

Sigh. It wasnt just satire. It was to point out that when there is smoke, there is fire. And no matter if the person in question is someone you have historically liked, you shouldnt let that cloud your judgement.

But I deleted it for you. I didnt mean to offend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Sigh. It wasnt just satire. It was to point out that when there is smoke, there is fire. And no matter if the person in question is someone you have historically liked, you shouldnt let that cloud your judgement.

I gotcha, and I agree. I just don't think it's necessary to continue trotting out the same old tired jokes. If that's what you meant, why not just say it? It's darn near impossible to read sarcasm on the internet anymore, and the world we live in is pretty confusing, so hopefully you understand my mistake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evilpimp972 said:

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

While this isn’t good for the league and while I’m sure somewhere along the line he took advantage of a situation, kind of like this one.

I don’t think this should impact his current case at all. Ultimately he paid this other woman and didn’t touch her. He seemed to wait for her to make the “final move” before continuing. Which if anything could prove to be valuable evidence for Browns lawyers in this case by point to this pattern of weird behavior, along with others, that only crosses “that line” after consent is given... or else he “moves on to the next one.”  

I mean I hate the Patriots and all and don’t particularly like Brown, but this incident shouldn’t impact his on field eligibility if the previous incident hadn’t (as it’s all related it seems).

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I found that post pretty satirical, but I also like dark satire. I also understood where you were going with it.

I largely agree with the overall point that where there’s smoke there’s fire as well.

But until the fire comes, I think we have to allow him to continue to play football.

I wonder how playing most of the season with Brown and a negative court decision against Brown towards the end of the season might impact the synchronicity of that offense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

While this isn’t good for the league and while I’m sure somewhere along the line he took advantage of a situation, kind of like this one.

I don’t think this should impact his current case at all. Ultimately he paid this other woman and didn’t touch her. He seemed to wait for her to make the “final move” before continuing. Which if anything could prove to be valuable evidence for Browns lawyers in this case by point to this pattern of weird behavior, along with others, that only crosses “that line” after consent is given... or else he “moves on to the next one.”  

I mean I hate the Patriots and all and don’t particularly like Brown, but this incident shouldn’t impact his on field eligibility if the previous incident hadn’t (as it’s all related it seems).

The issue here is that exposing yourself to someone is also sexual assault. Much like the first lady, there is probably 0 chance at criminal charges. But from the NFL perspective, they can lump them together. Remember with Zeke the NFL lead investigator said he didnt sexually assault that girl. And then the other girl said she was fine with him pulling down her shirt. But the league lumped them together under the "youre making us look bad" clause and suspended him 6 games.