Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Classic said:

How the hell do Pats keep doing this? Good players keep falling in their laps over and over again

Illegal outside communication letting them know that if they can force their way out they'll sign them and win a Super Bowl

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Edelman, Gronk (I'm 75% sure he'll return late) , Nkeal Harrry, The Meyers kid, maybe Demaryius Thomas, Sony Michel, James White.

Yes but 3 of them (4 really if you count DT injury history) aren't guaranteed? 

Which is more likely to occur. 

Josh Gordon plays 16 gms without getting popped with a Suspension?

Antonio Brown plays 16 gms without a single incident on or off the field through the media?

Gronk coming back in 2019?

When the last option is a player coming out of a Retirement as the most likely to occur, Might not be Rose's in Chocolate's.

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Starless is the most air brained NE fan on this forum. I have him blocked for a reason.

Also, as far as NE, I'm not a believer that this was any sort of shock that he was available. I believe NE and AB had a deal in place and AB simply had to orchestrate his way out of Oakland.

I don't know if I buy that one.  He gave up $30 million to play in Oakland for only a possible $15 million to play in New England?  Brady and Belichick are great and so is winning, but would it really be worth giving up $15 million for the privilege?  It sure wouldn't be worth it for me.  Plus, you go from living in LA to living in Boston.  No thank you.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Does that look like a guy who just lost out on $30,000,000.00?  I've never bought into any of the conspiracies about the Patriots cheating, but it looks pretty obvious he knew he already had a contract in place.  Is this legal?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know if I buy that one.  He gave up $30 million to play in Oakland for only a possible $15 million to play in New England?  Brady and Belichick are great and so is winning, but would it really be worth giving up $15 million for the privilege?  It sure wouldn't be worth it for me.  Plus, you go from living in LA to living in Boston.  No thank you.

That's the convenient arguement against it, but when has anything AB has done recently made sense? For AB, a chance to play Pittsburgh and possibly win a SB is totally worth I'd think.

Furthermore he is making 50% of what he was guaranteed for a multi year contract in Oakland in a single year in NE.  This has tampering stamped all over it.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That's the convenient arguement against it, but when has anything AB has done recently made sense? For AB, a chance to play Pittsburgh and possibly win a SB is totally worth I'd think.

Furthermore he is making 50% of what he was guaranteed for a multi year contract in Oakland in a single year in NE.  This has tampering stamped all over it.

On this point, I am with you COMPLETELY.  I've always liked the Patriots, but this is just plain bad.  It's hard to respect an organization that thinks the rules apply to everyone but them.  Sorry Pats fans, but I hope your team goes 0-16 this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

On this point, I am with you COMPLETELY.  I've always liked the Patriots, but this is just plain bad.  It's hard to respect an organization that thinks the rules apply to everyone but them.  Sorry Pats fans, but I hope your team goes 0-16 this season.

They'll win the SB, that's the way it always works out when they do something unethical.