Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

I wouldn't bet on a one year wonder in Chassion and AJ Terrell just came out of nowhere the last couple of weeks so I chose 2. The Field. 

Terrell was in consideration for top CB going into the year. The Championship game soured a lot of people on him. But it's not out of no-where. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Choose One:

Our first pick will be

1) K'Lavon Chaisson/AJ.Terrell

OR

2) The Field

Which would you bet on?

2. I'm picking The Field. I don't think Terrell is the guy at 17, and there are too many other potential players who could fall (WR, Kinlaw, etc.).

Trading back to 31ish and taking Cesar Ruiz would be poetic

"Round 1, Pick 31: C Travis Frederick

NFL Network's Mike Mayock's instant reaction: "I had a third-round grade on this guy."

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller's instant reaction: "I hate this pick."

So, if you thought the Cowboys reached for Wisconsin center Travis Frederick, you're not alone.

He could play guard or center, but the problem is, the Cowboys have already invested eight-figure contracts in both their guards recently and they already have a center in Phil Costa.

If Frederick has a tenured career as one of the top centers in the league, he'll be worth the pick. For now, though, it's fair to wonder how much further he could have fallen if the Cowboys had waited"

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I actually think this draft screams trade down scenario... I do think it will be hard to get value though, it seems everyone wants to trade down

A trade down wouldn't surprise me.  17 is an awkward spot.  A lot of the player's start to have similar grades/evaluations.  Do you sit hoping someone falls or trade out?

Just now, Northland said:

A trade down wouldn't surprise me.  17 is an awkward spot.  A lot of the player's start to have similar grades/evaluations.  Do you sit hoping someone falls or trade out?

I think you sit until all the guys you are comfortable with at 17 are gone. If that happens at pick 13 then start getting on the phone

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Trading back to 31ish and taking Cesar Ruiz would be poetic

"Round 1, Pick 31: C Travis Frederick

NFL Network's Mike Mayock's instant reaction: "I had a third-round grade on this guy."

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller's instant reaction: "I hate this pick."

So, if you thought the Cowboys reached for Wisconsin center Travis Frederick, you're not alone.

He could play guard or center, but the problem is, the Cowboys have already invested eight-figure contracts in both their guards recently and they already have a center in Phil Costa.

If Frederick has a tenured career as one of the top centers in the league, he'll be worth the pick. For now, though, it's fair to wonder how much further he could have fallen if the Cowboys had waited"

The draft is a gamble.  I think a lot of us shook our heads with Fredericks pick.

23 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

2. I'm picking The Field. I don't think Terrell is the guy at 17, and there are too many other potential players who could fall (WR, Kinlaw, etc.).

I'm choosing 1 because I don't think Kinlaw and the WRs are really options for us at 17. As far as I can tell, our team seems a little myopically set on EDGE and CB early this year, which I'd feel better about if the talent were better in our draft range

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s interesting to me how difficult it seems to get people to separate what they think is likely from what the want.

Its not totally what I want. I actually think that we will trade down for a player like AJ Epenesa or Zach baun. My dream at 17 is Jerry Judy or Kenneth Murray. 

19 minutes ago, Northland said:

The draft is a gamble.  I think a lot of us shook our heads with Fredericks pick.

Not just the Frederick pick, I remember being upset from going from 17 to 31 and only getting a mid-3rd round pick

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I was at the draft.

I was not thrilled with Frederick, but I couldn’t have hoped for a more dramatic Cowboys first round to be there in person for. 

I went on record and said that I liked that pick. I was in the minority. Some of you guys may remember that, because I was pushing for us to draft Fredbeard's predecessor, Peter Konz , a season or two earlier, and I said that Fredbeard was even better than Konz. It also fell into my annual draft mantra:

Offensive Line. Defensive Line. Early. Often. Annually.