Player Performance Talk 2018 (How they're playing; struggles, bright spots, etc.)

Mind Character

8 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

They guy who can scheme to the talent.

Don't ask me for names, cuz that ain't my gig.

I can tell you when it ain't working though, and it ain't working. 

Not your gig?  Cmon man.

Use your same skills in evaluating play calling, scheming for talent, evaluating who is elevating the talent provided and give us a name or two, can't be that hard. You've managed to do so with complete certainty with Hue.

Any idiot can complain, but a reasonable person only complains when they have a perceived fix to a problem.

In this discussion you offer no solution, no better option, no course of action you'd like to see take place (short of firing Hue which is only part of the equation), you're just the guy complaining. 

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not your gig?  Cmon man.

Use your same skills in evaluating play calling, scheming for talent, evaluating who is elevating the talent provided and give us a name or two, can't be that hard. You've managed to do so with complete certainty with Hue.

Any idiot can complain, but a reasonable person only complains when they have a perceived fix to a problem.

In this discussion you offer no solution, no better option, no course of action you'd like to see take place (short of firing Hue which is only part of the equation), you're just the guy complaining. 

Whatever you say, buddy. Pretty sure I gave you a solution in my last post, but you think a guy on a message board with a job and kids and an ever-growing apathetic attitude towards this team should lead the coaching search. And I'm the idiot. 

Fine, professor. Here's a name for you: Not Hue Jackson. You want more than that, it's going to cost you some of Jimmy Haslam's money. I got better things to worry about than who the next coach will be. I just hope whoever gets paid to do what your asking me to do can find the kind of coach that can work with what he's got. Since Hue can't.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Whatever you say, buddy. Pretty sure I gave you a solution in my last post, but you think a guy on a message board with a job and kids and an ever-growing apathetic attitude towards this team should lead the coaching search. And I'm the idiot. 

Fine, professor. Here's a name for you: Not Hue Jackson. You want more than that, it's going to cost you some of Jimmy Haslam's money. I got better things to worry about than who the next coach will be. I just hope whoever gets paid to do what your asking me to do can find the kind of coach that can work with what he's got. Since Hue can't.

No time? We're discussing football at 3am, I'd say there may be a LITTLE time, no?

I mean, a little less time to make the same tired complaints about Hue in every thread? Maybe, but time none the less.

You have time throughout the year to figure out who in your opinion we should draft, who should play more/less, who we should sign/not sign, etc., but naming a guy who will come in here and be a better option than Hue Jackson is one straw too many?  K.

Why would you be leading the coaching search?  I'm just asking for a little follow up to your idea of firing Hue.

If you have better things to do than worry about who the next coach is, cool, I personally just wish you had better things to do than be a human rain cloud on an internet forum (with your busy schedule and all).

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No time? We're discussing football at 3am, I'd say there may be a LITTLE time, no?

I mean, a little less time to make the same tired complaints about Hue in every thread? Maybe, but time none the less.

You have time throughout the year to figure out who in your opinion we should draft, who should play more/less, who we should sign/not sign, etc., but naming a guy who will come in here and be a better option than Hue Jackson is one straw too many?  K.

Why would you be leading the coaching search?  I'm just asking for a little follow up to your idea of firing Hue.

If you have better things to do than worry about who the next coach is, cool, I personally just wish you had better things to do than be a human rain cloud on an internet forum (with your busy schedule and all).

If 1 win in 22 games isn't the time to be sour there isn't a time to be sour. The owner's job is to find stability and to assess the situation and make a move with his determinations, ours as fans is just to call it like we see it whether it is right or not. To expect fans not to be frustrated or even fed up after the worst stretch of football in our lifetime is asking way too much. Hue needs to go 4-6 the rest of the way to catch Chris Palmer's record. It ain't happening. We've reached a new low in performance even though we have a much better roster than what that expansion team had. The worst part is 99% of our problem is offense and we have an offensive coach.

So I welcome all of those who wish to complain about what we are seeing. We are entitled to it. Unlike the team we are actually doing what we are supposed to be doing.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

If 1 win in 22 games isn't the time to be sour there isn't a time to be sour. The owner's job is to find stability and to assess the situation and make a move with his determinations, ours as fans is just to call it like we see it whether it is right or not. To expect fans not to be frustrated or even fed up after the worst stretch of football in our lifetime is asking way too much. Hue needs to go 4-6 the rest of the way to catch Chris Palmer's record. It ain't happening. We've reached a new low in performance even though we have a much better roster than what that expansion team had. The worst part is 99% of our problem is offense and we have an offensive coach.

So I welcome all of those who wish to complain about what we are seeing. We are entitled to it. Unlike the team we are actually doing what we are supposed to be doing.

If the team was making moves to win now? Sure.  They aren't and they haven't been.  How do I know this?  They said so themselves.

They made moves with the idea of building something long term but now 22 games into a plan they felt could take 3-4 years folks are calling for heads, it's asinine.

I just don't know who coaches this team to a winning record?  I personally don't think that guy exists. So when people talk about canning the coach, I'm just curious as to who they think is the guy who comes in here and does better.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If the team was making moves to win now? Sure.  They aren't and they haven't been.  How do I know this?  They said so themselves.

They made moves with the idea of building something long term but now 22 games into a plan they felt could take 3-4 years folks are calling for heads, it's asinine.

I just don't know who coaches this team to a winning record?  I personally don't think that guy exists. So when people talk about canning the coach, I'm just curious as to who they think is the guy who comes in here and does better.

Chris Palmer won more with less, so there we go.

What is the plan in year 4? To win 3 games? We've seen this done and year one is a loss, it was. Then you creep up and win 4 or 5 games. Year 3 you get close, maybe even win 7 games. Year 4 you are expecting a playoff run.

That doesn't appear to be our path. We tore things down last year and began to rebuild. We continued to build this year, somehow we are a bigger joke than we were last year. That is going in the wrong direction. We need wins or at least competitive play real quick or else we are going to have to change our 5 year plan to make a championship run into a 5 year plan to reach .500. With the draft assets we have, the cap space and free agency there shouldn't be a 5 year plan just to maybe make the playoffs. You can do that in a couple years, 3 max. What model are we using here? Has there ever been a good coach that succeeded somewhere that has a blueprint like the one Hue is making? Serious question, I would like a little comfort. Usually they reach the playoffs by year 3.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Chris Palmer won more with less, so there we go.

What is the plan in year 4? To win 3 games? We've seen this done and year one is a loss, it was. Then you creep up and win 4 or 5 games. Year 3 you get close, maybe even win 7 games. Year 4 you are expecting a playoff run.

That doesn't appear to be our path. We tore things down last year and began to rebuild. We continued to build this year, somehow we are a bigger joke than we were last year. That is going in the wrong direction. We need wins or at least competitive play real quick or else we are going to have to change our 5 year plan to make a championship run into a 5 year plan to reach .500. With the draft assets we have, the cap space and free agency there shouldn't be a 5 year plan just to maybe make the playoffs. You can do that in a couple years, 3 max. What model are we using here? Has there ever been a good coach that succeeded somewhere that has a blueprint like the one Hue is making? Serious question, I would like a little comfort. Usually they reach the playoffs by year 3.

For me personally next year? 5-6 wins, 8+ year 4. The lack of a viable qb is a problem that can't wait another year. They haven't landed that guy yet, which has been the biggest issue, but that lays as Sashi's feet, not Hue's, but that's another discussion.

What's the difference if it's a 3 or 5 year plan? Some aren't patient enough to wait a year and a half without calling for someone's head so it's a pretty moot point, no?

I guess I don't see the problem with letting a group have 3-4 years to implement their plan if they said from the beginning it was a complete tear down and they felt it would make that much time.  If they knew they had to win year two I'm guessing they'd have done things differently, but it seems everyone was on board with the complete overhaul.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For me personally next year? 5-6 wins, 8+ year 4. The lack of a viable qb is a problem that can't wait another year. They haven't landed that guy yet, which has been the biggest issue, but that lays as Sashi's feet, not Hue's, but that's another discussion.

What's the difference if it's a 3 or 5 year plan? Some aren't patient enough to wait a year and a half without calling for someone's head so it's a pretty moot point, no?

I guess I don't see the problem with letting a group have 3-4 years to implement their plan if they said from the beginning it was a complete tear down and they felt it would make that much time.  If they knew they had to win year two I'm guessing they'd have done things differently, but it seems everyone was on board with the complete overhaul.

Yep. 

Ive been staying out of here lately. Nothing fun to read. Go Cavs!!!

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mute me then. I could not care less about what you want me to do.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Then why respond?

I'm simply asking for clarification on a discussion board. If you want to act pissy about it, go for it.  No need to be so sensitive tho.

Because you asked a question, and I answered.

Then you called me an idiot because I don't care to waste time evaluating potential coaching candidates.

Now I'm the pissy one? 

Again, if you don't like what I have to say, there is a function on this message board that allows you to not have to view my posts. I suggest you employ that feature on me until the coach is inevitably fired and we start see who Jimmy brings in for interviews. I don't want to be a negative influence you or your idea that things are just fine with this 1-21 coach.

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/deshone_kizer_called_a_players.html#incart_river_index

this crap gets me excited. 
it may blow up in my face, but i am such a sucker for this team. 

only 21 years old smh

setting up a players only meeting

thats some Jameis Winston type stuff

Yall keep doubting my boy yall gonna see 

Archived