Player Performance Talk 2018 (How they're playing; struggles, bright spots, etc.)

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Unfortunaetly for cody and us Hue plays long ball and that is explicitly Codys weakness. I would prefer we adapted our offense to incorporate not only short throws but also ones that work people open. 
I would prefer this to endless seam routes. 

But the worst downfield passer in 2015 and 2016 passed up Kessler prior to the preseason and the worst downfield passer in 2017 is starting Sunday. That isn't just results, it's also PFF opinion so that is at least 2 indications that it may be true while there isn't much saying otherwise.

But you are right, Kessler doesn't fit Hue's scheme and that is the biggest reason he isn't really part of the team. I'd sorta like to cut/trade Kessler just so I know we don't have a better option than Kizer/Hogan and I wouldn't be so frustrated watching them play poorly.

upon reflection of kessler last year i think he actually may have hijacked Hues offense.

He couldn't hit the deep passes or attempt them often enough as hue would like, so he improvised, and read the game and got things done. 

i think Kessler could still be top 12 NFL material in the right situation. I do not think man yin the NFL will every believe in him though. otherwise he would aleady be off the roster. if we could get a second for him we would have by now. 

either way kessler IMO has the heart of lion, and is game day baller. He just has a 2 dollar arm. 

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

This the key reason I don’t want to see this FO our yet 

I haven’t seen a run defense this good on the browns ever

lets just get a OC to hell Hue and some playmakers before we blow this all up 

I'm with you, but the qb has to be addressed.

I know you lover your boy, but he's been awful this season.

If we get a shot at a top tier prospect, we can't afford to pass on them again.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not passing on the next LT/Marshall Faulk in Saquon to reach on a quarterback and neither will Sashi

47 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m not passing on the next LT/Marshall Faulk in Saquon to reach on a quarterback and neither will Sashi

Yes, because Sashi is now the world's greatest talent evaluator after passing on 2 of the best QB prospects in the past several years in Wentz and Watson. Yep, he's a genius. If you don't believe me, just look at his career in Jacksonville before here.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yes, because Sashi is now the world's greatest talent evaluator after passing on 2 of the best QB prospects in the past several years in Wentz and Watson. Yep, he's a genius. If you don't believe me, just look at his career in Jacksonville before here.

He only worked contracts in Jax.

We'll see how things work out, but most folks here weren't pounding the table for Watson (I know you were). Wentz was lukewarm at best, most wanted Goff.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Two consecutive throws by Kizer sunk what I thought was not only a great called game by Hue, but also a great game from Kizer.

He avoided blitzes/pressures beautifully with strength and pocket awareness and movement with eyes down the field.

He threw beautiful balls..

With the 2 Ints back to back the rest of his performance is understandably lost.

He's not seeing the game well which makes it even more frustrating when seeing his intangibles/talent.

Lost in all of this is that it was easily predictable that things would go like this for Kizer....that he was no where close to ready this year even in the minds of those that thought he had the highest upside of any QB in the draft.

Pushing him out there was a serious mistake... I kept telling people he wasn't ready but silenced myself when I saw the preseason flashes and Osweiler's ineptitude.

Let's hope one day Kizer can still rise up down the road but the FA Garropolo or someone else is the better play to me than rookie Josh Rosen/Sam Darnold

After passing on Wentz and Watson, you guys are absolutely insane if you think Jimmy is going to let the FO pass on a QB at 1. If you guys want Barkley at 1 you better pray Rosen / Darnold don’t want to play here or don’t declare. Sashi and company are not ballsy enough to pass on a QB for a 3rd year in a row.

If we finish 0-16 it’s gameover for moneyball, Jimmy isn’t going through this anymore.

Archived