Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m down with Mariota absolutely done with him.

Yes Cairo missed the kick but my god these 3rd downs 2 consecutive weeks he’s been god awful

Hes not the guy, won’t be the guy, time to move on. Titans won’t make the switch but he’s not the guy

i'm pretty much out on him as well. he's completely lost the ability to read the defense and push the ball down the field, and his pocket awareness is garbage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And took him out in the 2nd half when he was getting hot and we had a lead.

Twice.

Exactly coaching staff is just stupid too smart for their own good. He’s a throwback RB he needs to be fed get him & rhythm & down hill it’s no reason these idiots HC don’t give him 25 touches a game. It’s like they don’t F’N get it. He’s a workhorse 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I'd be so disappointed if I went to this game.  McNair deserved better.

Lol well actually he'd feel right at home. This is exactly the kind of games those Titans played in and he'd have this kind of stat line. 

Difference? Defense was more stout. Better running team and more reliable special teams. 

This was a Fisher ball game if there was one. Lol 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Lol well actually he'd feel right at home. This is exactly the kind of games those Titans played in and he'd have this kind of stat line. 

Difference? Defense was more stout. Better running team and more reliable special teams. 

This was a Fisher ball game if there was one. Lol 

Jeff Fisher would hand his all star running back the football more than 15 times in a game though, and in our "glory years" would win these games 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i'm pretty much out on him as well. he's completely lost the ability to read the defense and push the ball down the field, and his pocket awareness is garbage.

That’s what I’ve been saying look at how simple the offense is they’re really saying Mariota can’t go through his progression so we’re going to give him 1-2 1st reads to help him. He has the weapons now you can’t tell me the WR can’t run more than slats, digs & come backs. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Tannehill isn't the guy either unfortunately. Probably taken fewer sacks and have more turnovers. Both are similar dudes.

Just going to be mediocre until we find a real dude.

This is true. Tannehill won't do anything different especially with the offensive game plan we have/had. 

They must address whatever is causing holding onto the ball. 

If it's the routes then shorten them. If it's the protection go Max more. 

If it is Marcus, then you gotta take him out. 

It was "only" 4 sacks. Felt like more. But even when he wasn't sacked he had to run and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the passing game. 

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Tannehill isn't the guy either unfortunately. Probably taken fewer sacks and have more turnovers. Both are similar dudes.

Just going to be mediocre until we find a real dude.

Tann is a better thrower from the pocket than mariota his problem is decision making & also reading his progression. Mariota cant read a defense & he’s limited as a thrower 

Just now, TitanSS said:

Horrible coaching. That pretty much describes the entire last 5 minutes of the game.

Well, I don't know, I still think it was worth double checking before running anything. It cost us time, but we kept all our timeouts and at that time still had more than enough time to make a stop, which we eventually did, and get in FG range which we didn't. I think it's just one of those cases when a decision looks much worse than it actually was.