2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

Man I get complaining about the offense but what the hell more do you want from the defense? 

2nd in Points Against

7th in TO%

3rd in SC %

4th in INT

7th in Sacks (One behind Chicago and their vaunted D) 

We are literally one of the best passing defenses in the NFL. Run defense could use a little work but still is just average (not bad). God this forum is a bunch of whiners. 

• Like 1

I don't know.

As I watch this team...I can't help but feel it is similar to the 97 Broncos Team.  Aging QB who still has a great arm and some legs under him.  Offense that leans on the running game with a QB that can still make a defense play.

And a real defense.

Not saying it is the same, but to me, it is similar.

I really, really want a second receiving threat on offense.  Either one emerges, or we pull a trade for an established guy.  And I know the odds of trading for an established weapon are slim and none...and I heard slim is leaving on vacation soon.

But still....this defense has improved much more than I imagined.  And that is without much of contribution from Gary yet.

29 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Rodgers is a much better QB than Manning was at that point. 

I think that is underselling Elway.  Elway hit guys in stride and made the most of his passing opportunities.  He wouldn't have missed Jones on the wheel route on the sideline.  

I think Rodgers is more of an athlete than Elway was at that time, but Elway had the superior mind and the arm strength is equal.

Elway trusted his guys more.  And I think he played with them longer, too.

But I do get where you were going with this.  I too feel like Rodgers has it in him to be better than Elway was at that point of his career.  To me, though, Rodgers hasn't played to his talent level in quite some time.

• Like 1