2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

Can we all finally agree Jimmy Graham sucks and should  have been released this off season? 

Did Josh Jackson play today? I did not see him in the game?

I think the Vikings had 4 big plays. The long run by Cook. Three passes and two of them should have been broken up by Alexander. 

LaFleur was bailed out by the defense. 

Any word on Rodgers hand injury?

Just now, ccecilnosebleed said:

I’d sure like to see Davis make his punt catch decisions more quickly. Every single punt I was terrified today.

That's odd... A few poster said the same thing.

It's kinda like thinking Rodgers is gonna throw an interception on every throw.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Can we all finally agree Jimmy Graham sucks and should  have been released this off season? 

I think the Vikings had 4 big plays. The long run by Cook. Three passes and two of them should have been broken up by Alexander. 

Graham = bad

Josh Jackson - MIA .. I don't think he's getting many snaps .. maybe none.  No stats again this week.

The big plays are a concern .. Jaire should have broke up two of them.  

Just pretend that Pettine is our head coach

No word on Rodgers injury .. probably minor.

• Like 1

I really think MVS is the kind of guy who’s going to get better as a deep threat the more you get the ball in his hands and let him use that speed he has to keep defenses honest. Right now he’s being asked to make a lot of contested catches which he needs to do but give the kid a chance to build some confidence. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

I really think MVS is the kind of guy who’s going to get better a deep threat the more you get the ball in his hands and let him use that speed he has to keep defenses honest. Right now he’s being asked to make a lot of contested catches which he needs to do but give the kid a chance to build some confidence. 

The one he got flipped on was a great catch, just didnt land in bounds. And Kearse made a pretty good play on the other one. It shouldve been caught, I think, but it's not like hes dropping his balls straight up.

This defense shows some promise, but Pettine is not a long term solution. 

Missed tackles, open blitzes yet letting Kirk cousins escape (aka the clay Matthews move), 200 (guessing) yards of rushing given up.

If this defense doesn’t turn it around this year, tough to see why Pettine should stay. 

The defense now has decent playmakers secondary is good, corners are good, line is beefed up. No excuses this time.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Next season is the potential out for Graham.  We would incur about 3.7 million in dead cap.  I believe that the cap hit this offseason was closer to 8, but I am not sure.  Simply replacing him with Tonyan is a lot to ask of the young player at this point in his career. 

Jackson was on the sideline, I am not sure if he played.  I know I saw him though.

Rodgers' hand looked like he was in pain for a while, but the subsequent drives they didn't show it and it didn't look like he was throwing lollipops out there.  Drew Brees has missed time today with a hand injury.  Rodgers didn't.  So I doubt it is major.

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Give it till week 6, he’s still showing some really nice signs it’s just a matter of finding ways to get him involved that aren’t simply vertical routes. Like seeing those drags mixed in and hopefully some more screens and that sort of thing. 

Ya know.....there's a flip side to this........

I like MVS. Nothing against him - but it irks me a bit that we've got to wait till week 6 (in his second season....) to see the "true" MVS.

A rookie (Hollywood Brown) pulled in 8 receptions on 13 targets this week for 86 yards. Last week he made 4 receptions on 5 targets for 147 yards and 2 TDs.

Now - Brown went Round 1 (pick 25) in this years draft - and we werent picking a WR that early - BUT YA KNOW(?) - maybe we should consider it some day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PackGymRat said:

This defense shows some promise, but Pettine is not a long term solution. 

Missed tackles, open blitzes yet letting Kirk cousins escape (aka the clay Matthews move), 200 (guessing) yards of rushing given up.

If this defense doesn’t turn it around this year, tough to see why Pettine should stay. 

The defense now has decent playmakers secondary is good, corners are good, line is beefed up. No excuses this time.

Uh .. I don't think we should be at all upset with Pettine and his defense.  Our offense is not exactly making life easy on them with all the failed drives. 

• Like 2