2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

LOL - I don't need to make things up. I have eyesight. We are a Truibusky and Cousins int's away from 0-2. Outstanding ! That won't happen against Brady

That's 2 big int's though and fortunately, we have a qb that values not throwing interceptions.   I  am thrilled to be 2-0 regardless who the qb's were.  Getting 2 wins against those 2 defenses is no small feat.  By the way, I'll worry about Brady in the last game of the 2019-2020 season.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That Savage injury looks really minor .. hope that's the case. 

The Za'Darius injury is also minor .. he basically called it a boo boo. 

Za’Darius is a smart and Wiley veteran.  He saw his comrades on defense were absolutely gassed.  Whether he was injured or not, I value his wherewithal and decision to sit down and have the trainers come out.

4 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

This defense shows some promise, but Pettine is not a long term solution. 

Missed tackles, open blitzes yet letting Kirk cousins escape (aka the clay Matthews move), 200 (guessing) yards of rushing given up.

If this defense doesn’t turn it around this year, tough to see why Pettine should stay. 

The defense now has decent playmakers secondary is good, corners are good, line is beefed up. No excuses this time.

The defense has given up 19 total points.  What the heck do you want?  The offense isn't even close to being as consistent as the defense which has won the last 2 games for the Packers.  Sit back, enjoy and see how the defense progresses as well as the offense.   

13 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

That's 2 big int's though and fortunately, we have a qb that values not throwing interceptions.   I  am thrilled to be 2-0 regardless who the qb's were.  Getting 2 wins against those 2 defenses is no small feat.  By the way, I'll worry about Brady in the last game of the 2019-2020 season.  

I'm not taking anything away from those plays. The defense has earned everything they've gotten. There are big picture concerns is all.

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Careful. Some fans got upset with the defense posing and then not getting turnovers on every series after that.

Can't imagine how these folks will feels when the defense actually has a bad game, as it is eventually bound to happen over the course of a season.

The D has the fewest allowed points in the 1st 2 games of the season since 2001. We still won those games despite the offense sputtering. I know there is room for improvement but we got to enjoy the little victories .. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Where’s Kumerow now?

If we make a FA pickup this offseason, I’d really like to see it be at WR. I just don’t buy any of the talent behind Adams. 

Im also real tired of this Jimmy Graham mediocrity

I feel bad for you.  You have forgotten what "mediocrity" means.